More stories

  • in

    Justin Bieber Excited to Release 'Really Special' New Music: 'Be Ready'

    WENN

    The Canadian star jumps on Instagram Live during which he teases about an upcoming ‘special’ new song and tour, though he’s going to wait until ‘this all calms down a little bit’ before releasing anything.
    Apr 23, 2020
    AceShowbiz – It seems that Justin Bieber is spending time during Coronavirus lockdown by working on new music. The Canadian star jumped on Instagram Live on Tuesday, April 21 during which he teased about an upcoming “special” new song.
    “We are working on something really special now. Be ready,” the 26-year-old “Despacito” hitmaker told his fans during the broadcast from his home in Canada. “Hopefully when this all calms down a little bit we will be able to release some new stuff. And go on tour eventually, so I’m excited for that.”
    Fans were supposed to be enjoying his “Changes Tour”, a 45-date stadium and arena tour which was initially set to start on May 14. That would mark his first live tour in nearly three years. However, the husband of Hailey Baldwin was forced to postpone the much-anticipated tour due to Coronavirus pandemic.
    “The health and safety of my fans, team, cast and crew is the most important thing for me. The world is a scary place but we will all figure this out together. We held on to these dates as long as we could and I cannot wait to see all of you in person as soon as I can. Be safe,” so he announced earlier this month.
    More than anyone else, Justin was reportedly disappointed by the delay. He “has mentally prepared himself for several weeks that it would be necessary to postpone the tour,” said a source of the “Yummy” singer. “It obviously didn’t come as a shock to him. Yet, he is — of course — very disappointed. He has been rehearsing and preparing for months.”
    “Justin wants to do a safe tour so everyone, including his fans, can feel comfortable being in a large crowd again,” the source added. “If this isn’t possible until next year, Justin will accept that.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Cardi B Protests Business Reopening in Georgia Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Jon Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen to Perform at 'Jersey 4 Jersey' Benefit Concert

    Instagram

    The New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund charity bash, which proceeds will go to the fight against coronavirus pandemic, will also be made merry by Halsey, SZA, Tony Bennett and Charlie Puth.
    Apr 22, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Jon Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen will headline the “Jersey 4 Jersey” virtual benefit on Wednesday, April 22.
    The rock icons and stars like Halsey, SZA, Tony Bennett, and Charlie Puth will offer up performances and Whoopi Goldberg and Danny DeVito will make appearances for the New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund charity bash, which will livestream on Apple Music and SiriusXM’s E Street Radio from 7pm EST.
    Other Wednesday livestream highlights include Margo Price’s Pickathon Presents A Concert A Day event at 4pm EST and a Facebook set from The Mynabirds’ Laura Burhenn (https://www.facebook.com/evanstonspace) from 8pm EST.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Kelly Dodd Sorry for Calling COVID-19 ‘God’s Way of Thinning the Herd’: I’m Not Insensitive

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Rose McGowan to Release Debut Album in Support of Fight Against Coronavirus

    Instagram

    After working on ‘Planet 9’ which she described as ‘music for healing’ for five years, the former ‘Charmed’ actress plans to make it available on all music platforms on Friday, April 24.
    Apr 22, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Rose McGowan is set to release her debut album, “Planet 9”, after working on the project for five years.
    The actress reveals the inspiration for the record and its title comes from an imaginary childhood escape, revealing she used to transport herself there when she was going through tough times.
    “I created a utopian world in my mind and I named it Planet 9,” she explains. “I felt safe on this invented planet of mine. I also used to wonder what sounds existed on my planet. As life went on, I forgot about how special my planet was, I forgot I could go there in times of trouble.”
    “Six years ago, astronomers found a new planet they named Planet 9 – it’s the new planet that demoted Pluto to a star. Holy s! They found my Planet 9! Around the same time, I met some French electronic musicians, and I decided to make music that has the power to lift your spirit. I know this, art, heals.”

    McGowan also took to Instagram to announce that a portion of proceeds from sales of “Planet 9” will go towards the fight against COVID-19.
    “Planet 9 will be on all music platforms this Friday, April 24, but if you go to Bandcamp to purchase 20% of money earned will go to Covid-19 relief,” she posted. “Planet 9 is music for healing, come on a new kind of journey.”
    [embedded content]
    Rose has taken a break from appearing onscreen in recent years to focus on activism work in the wake of rape accusations she made about disgraced film mogul Harvey Weinstein in 2017.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Kelly Dodd Sorry for Calling COVID-19 ‘God’s Way of Thinning the Herd’: I’m Not Insensitive

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Niall Horan Takes Fans Behind the Scenes in New Music Video for 'Black and White'

    [embedded content]

    Coming off of ‘Heartbreak Weather’, the single itself was written by the One Direction member with Julian Bunetta, Teddy Geiger, Alexander Izquierdo and Scott Harris.
    Apr 22, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Niall Horan has treated fans to a music video for his love song “Black and White”. One month after releasing his second solo album “Heartbreak Weather”, the One Direction member offered a behind-the-scene look at his studio and stage preparation through the brand new visual.
    Released on Tuesday, April 21, the more-than-three-minute promo unveils a montage of grainy footage that sees the 26-year-old Irish singer-songwriter being on the road. It also gives a sneak peek at him singing the song in the studio, doing a photo shoot and goofing off backstage.
    In the chorus of the single, the ex-boyfriend of Hailee Steinfeld could be heard sweetly crooning, “Yeah, I see us in black and white/ Crystal clear on a starlit night/ In all your gorgeous colors / I promise that I’ll love you for the rest of my life/ See you standing in your dress/ I swear in front of all our friends/ There’ll never be another/ I promise that I’ll love you for the rest of my life.”
    “Black and White” was written by the “This Town” hitmaker along with Teddy Geiger, Julian Bunetta, Scott Harris and Alexander Izquierdo. Produced by Bunetta, it is one of the tracks included in “Heartbreak Weather” which has since its debut in mid-March given him his first British number one as a solo artist.
    Sharing his thought on the success of his follow-up to his 2017 debut “Flicker”, the “Nice to Meet Ya” singer admits that the whole acknowledgment is a “huge” achievement for him. He added, “I spent 14 months on this album and to have it received like this is just incredible for me.”
    In support of his sophomore album, Niall initially planned to go on an extensive “Nice to Meet Ya” world tour with Lewis Capaldi. He, however, scrapped the dates because of the coronavirus pandemic. “This was a difficult decision, but the wellbeing of my fans and touring family is always my top priority,” he said in his Instagram announcement.

    “Not being able to tour for what is effectively most of 2020 just didn’t feel right and I’m so sorry to all you amazing people who bought tickets. I look forward to being able to bring new music and a new tour for all of my fans around the world in 2021,” he added. “I want to announce new dates soon but I don’t think it’s fair on you guys to do so until the dust has settled and things have gone back to normal.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Aaron Carter Announces Girlfriend’s Pregnancy Weeks After Her Domestic Violence Arrest

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Jack Johnson to Celebrate Earth Day With Virtual Kokua Festival 2020

    Instagram

    The ‘Upside Down’ singer will host the music festival, which will benefit a non-profit supporting environmental education in Hawaii, from the front porch of his home on April 25.
    Apr 22, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Singer/songwriter and eco activist Jack Johnson will celebrate Earth Day by hosting his own at-home music festival.
    The “Upside Down” singer will front Kokua Festival 2020 – Live From Home from the front porch of his home on Oahu, Hawaii from 6pm EST on his Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jackjohnson/) on Saturday, April 25.
    The livestream will feature at-home performances from Ben Harper, G. Love, Ziggy Marley, and Lukas Nelson, among others, while chefs Ed Kenney and Mark Noguchi will offer up cooking tips in between sets.
    The event will also air live on Amazon Music’s Twitch channel.
    Donations from viewers will benefit the Kokua Hawai’i Foundation, a non-profit that supports environmental education in Hawaii schools and communities.

    Johnson will also perform during Earth Day Live, a three-day livestream (https://www.earthday.org/earth-day-live/) to commemorate Earth Day’s 50th anniversary, which begins on Wednesday, April 22.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Case’s Baby Mama Madina Milana Blasts Singer in Apparent Intoxicated Video

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Dua Lipa, Rita Ora to Join Forces in Covering Foo Fighters' 'Times Like These' for COVID-19 Charity

    WENN

    Ellie Goulding, Chris Martin, Sean Paul, Bastille, Hailee Steinfeld and 5 Seconds of Summer will also take part in the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge event benefiting WHO’s Solidarity Response Fund.
    Apr 21, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Dua Lipa, Rita Ora, and Ellie Goulding are teaming up to perform a charity cover of the Foo Fighters’ “Times Like These” as part of a BBC radio special on Thursday, April 23.
    The trio will be joined by Sean Paul, Bastille, Hailee Steinfeld, 5 Seconds of Summer, and Chris Martin, among others, for the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge event. A video accompanying the new track will drop during the BBC’s The Big Night In telethon on Thursday night.
    Proceeds from the Stay Home Live Lounge recording will benefit the World Health Organisation’s COVID-19-Solidarity Response Fund.
    “I am so proud that we’ve been able to come together to record this track and I can’t wait for everyone to hear it,” Dua Lipa said in a statement. “Thinking of everyone around the world at this difficult time. Love you all.”
    “I’m honoured to join such a great line up,” Goulding added. “More so than ever it’s important to remember the valuable role we each have to play in bringing hope, courage and strength to one another. I hope that this track brings comfort at such a difficult time.”

    The radio special comes hot on the heels of the U.K. edition of the “One World: Together At Home” TV special on Sunday night, during which stars like Paul McCartney, Elton John, The Rolling Stones, Little Mix and Tim Jones performed from their homes and studios to celebrate healthcare workers and essential staff working amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Lizzo Strips Down to Sheer Lingerie to Show ‘Some Love’ on Body Part She Doesn’t Like

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Charlamagne Tha God Not Feeling Drake's 'Toosie Slide': 'It's Wack'

    Instagram

    Calling it not organic, the ‘Breakfast Club’ co-host says in a new interview, ‘The s**t might still work but it just don’t seem organic. A lot of times with those TikTok dances, it’s just organic.’
    Apr 21, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Drake’s “Toosie Slide” may be a massive hit especially on TikTok, but Charlamagne Tha God appears not to be impressed by the song. During a recent interview in an episode of “The Brilliant Idiots” podcast, the “Breakfast Club” co-host made his feelings public.
    “I think it’s wack and I think it’s beneath Drake,” he critiized the track, which debuted at No. 1 on the charts. “I think that when you’re the biggest artist in the world, when you’re the biggest rapper in the world, I don’t like to see you chasing trends.”
    He went on saying, “It’s like, why be a surfer when you’re a f***ing wave? I just didn’t respect it.”
    Calling it not organic, Charlamagne continued, “The s**t might still work but it just don’t seem organic. A lot of times with those TikTok dances, it’s just organic. It’s a song people like and somebody does something to it and it goes. It was like it felt too forced. Too corporate. Too industry.”
    “I just feel like Drake has built himself up into such a way that he don’t have to do that s**t, man,” he said of Drizzy.

    Apparently, some fans could relate to Charlamagne. “The way charlamagne feels abt drake’s toosie slide is how i feel. TO ME, it seems like he made a song for ppl to do on Tik-Tok. And dats cool,” one fan tweeted. “Same time, you’re drake. You dnt have to make songs like dat unless it’s on accident. Example: ‘in my feelings.’ ”
    “He didn’t lie. Drake fans need to get over it,” another user wrote. “As a drake fan I can’t agree more with Charlamagne,” another comment read.
    However, some others were against the criticism. “i’ve seen countless videos on the internet of children and entire families doing the dance and having a blast. ever stop and think maybe that’s all Drake wanted out of this one? what more can you ask for in a time like this,” a fan defended the Canadian star. One other added, “N***a charlamagne made a video mad at drake for making a good song saying he too industry lmao n***a the whole point is to make money.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Drew Barrymore Recalls Experience Working With Daughter as Her Photographer in Candid Essay

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Matthew McConaughey, Ziggy Marley Take Part in Willie Nelson's 4/20 Livestream Concert

    Nelson has gathered his fellow celebrity pot aficionados for a four hour ‘Come and Toke It’ livestream event on Instagram to mark America’s unofficial marijuana day.
    Apr 21, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Ziggy Marley and Matthew McConaughey were among the famous friends who helped Willie Nelson celebrate the highest day of the year with a little marijuana love on Monday, April 20.

    The country icon staged a four hour “Come and Toke It” livestream event on Instagram to mark 4/20 – America’s unofficial weed day – and he was joined by his fellow celebrity pot aficionados for a real high time.

    Reggae star Ziggy signed on and performed a reworked version of his father Bob Marley’s hit, “One Love”, while Matthew McConaughey offered up a few joint tips, and stoner comedians Tommy Chong and Bill Maher brought the humour.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    ‘The Princess Bride’ Coming to Disney+, Robin Wright and Cary Elwes Announce

    Related Posts More