More stories

  • in

    Artist of the Week: Drake

    His latest single, ‘Toosie Slide’, helps the Canadian hip-hop superstar become the first male artist to have three No. 1 debuts on the Billboard’s Hot 100.
    Apr 20, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Drake is undeniably one of the best rappers in the game now. From “Hotline Blings” to “God’s Plan”, every single that he puts out has always gone viral and consumed by the masses, resulting in them going platinum consistently. His latest single, “Toosie Slide”, is not an exception.
    Released on April 3, the song became the fastest music trend to hit a billion views on TikTok and continues to dominate the platform, with over 3 billion views and counting. The record was previously held by Kylie Jenner with her famous “Rise and Shine” meme.
    In addition to that, “Toosie Slide” is dominating the charts. It debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 charts, making him the first male artist to accomplish three No. 1 debuts on the charts. His other songs that debuted atop the weekly chart were “God’s Plan” and “Nice for What”. With that said, he has joined Mariah Carey as the only artists to have three No. 1 debuts on Hot 100.
    Of course, Drake didn’t achieve all that success alone. Social media influencer Toosie took part in helping the song go viral by creating a dance challenge on TikTok. Talking about the influencer and the song during an Instagram Live, Drake said, “When I first made that song I was only talking about the moonwalk…But Toosie made a dance to that s**t I didn’t know it was gonna be a dance song like that… we’re just having fun getting warmed up.”
    During the same Live session, Drake also mentioned that he was preparing for a new album. Even though details of the record remain scarce as of now, it will be a follow-up to his fifth studio album “Scorpion”. Receiving generally positive reviews from music critics, the double album was nominated for Album of the Year at the 2019 Grammy Awards.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Beyonce’s Daughter Blue Ivy Urges People to Wash Hands in Cute PSA Video

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Liam Payne Asks DJ Alesso to 'Fill In' for Zayn Malik During One Direction's 10 Year Reunion

    WENN/Avalon

    Although he, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan have followed Zayn on Twitter again, the ‘Strip That Down’ singer hints that their ex-bandmate won’t be a part of the reunion.
    Apr 20, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Liam Payne seems to be hinting that Zayn Malik will not be a part of One Direction’s 10th anniversary reunion. Even though he, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan have re-followed their former bandmate on Twitter, the “Strip That Down” singer lightheartedly asked DJ Alesso to “fill in” for the “Pillow Talk” when his group celebrate the milestone.
    In an Instagram Live chat on Sunday night, April 19, the 26-year-old discussed the rumored online get-together with the “Let Me Go” DJ. Revealing that he and his bandmates have been communicating with each other from their respective lockdown places, he spilled, “Most of us are in London. We’ve been trying to arrange the first group FaceTime at the moment.”
    Upon hearing the update over the band, Alesso jokingly told Liam, “Oh, wow, the whole world is about to explode.” In response, the former contestant of “The X Factor U.K.” replied, “You can come in and fill in for Zayn and join the band.”
    Despite the major revelation, the “Stack It Up” singer did note that he “can’t say too much.” He added, “It was actually, Louis told me off for revealing a bit of our plans the other day. So you’re going to have the group telling me off on the group chat.”

    Days prior, One Direction members has sent internet abuzz when they re-followed Zayn on Twitter. Since then, rumors have been swirling that the boys would release a new track titled “Five” in October. However, a source insisted that reunion was likely to be a small TV celebration.
    “They are back in touch but talks between them are only about something small to mark the anniversary,” the insider told The Sun. “They all have their own music ongoing so a reunion right now just wouldn’t make sense.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Families of Kobe Bryant Helicopter Crash Victims File Wrongful Death Lawsuits

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Ke$ha Dedicates New Lockdown Song to Macaulay Culkin

    WENN

    The ‘Tik Tok’ singer pays homage to the ‘Home Alone’ actor and his classic 1990 movie in her latest music offering following her tribute to Nicolas Cage in her previous song.
    Apr 20, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Ke$ha’s new lockdown tune “Home Alone” is a tribute to Macaulay Culkin and his hit 1990 movie of the same name.
    The singer, 33, took to social media to share a clip of the tune, alongside footage of herself performing the new track blended with scenes from the classic film.
    “I’ve been bored at home so I made a song for u animals!!! And a little video,” she explained. “It’s called HOME ALONE… dedicated to all of you sexy people hanging at home…..alone. and also dedicated to the one and only @culkamania.”
    The video begins with a clip of Daniel Stern’s character Marv and Culkin’s Kevin, saying “hello,” as he points a gun into the camera. Kesha then dances around her lavish home in her bra, underwear, knee-high socks and a nearly unbuttoned blue denim shirt, showing off her kitchen, bedroom, and staircase.

    “You know I’m home, alone / Macaulay, ‘Caulay Culkin / And boo, I’m bored / My cellular is broken,” she sings over a drum-heavy beat. “I’m in the mood, I’m in the zone / Honey, I’m not joking / Now ring me up on my home telephone, ring.”
    “I’m setting booby traps in case you’re a bad guy / I’m reading bookies, baking cookies in my thigh-highs.”
    She ends the ditty with the line, “We’ll have a fun time, fun time, right?”
    The track is the star’s latest tribute, after she teased another new song, titled “Nicolas Cage S**t”, dedicated to the “211” star.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Ashton Kutcher Mila Kunis Put Up Quarantine Wine for Sale Benefiting Coronavirus Relief Effort

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Ellie Goulding Terrified of Performing Online as She Feels Insecure About Her Look and Voice

    WENN

    The ‘Love Me Like You Do’ singer opens up on her securities following her performance at the pre-show of Lady GaGa’s ‘One World: Together at Home’ livestream.
    Apr 20, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Ellie Goulding has always resisted the idea of posting performances online because she doesn’t think she looks or sounds good.
    The 33 year old plucked up the courage to join the British leg of the Global Citizen “One World: Together at Home” livestream on Saturday night, April 18, 2020, but she admits she usually turns down the idea of a home performance.
    “I have a really unusual voice so you either love it or hate it,” she tells The Mirror. “I think I need to get to a point where I’m comfortable posting videos singing – but I overthink it.”
    “I thought I had a big nose and my hair was really weird or that I didn’t have a great figure. That’s why talking and being frank and open about it is really important because every single one of us… has our own insecurities.”
    Goulding joined the likes of Rita Ora and Liam Payne for the “One World” pre-show online and admits it felt great to be part of a huge movement for good, “It’s amazing that we all get to be in something together, terrible as it is.”
    Ellie performed a rendition of “Love Me Like You Do” from her home and then re-appeared onscreen later to talk about anxiety issues she has been struggling with on lockdown.
    [embedded content]
    “I know music has saved me, I mean it really saved me in my life but saved me recently having to be indoors and if you’re like me you love exploring, love to walk, but because we’re all staying in together this will be over soon hopefully (and) we can catch the last of the summer,” she said.
    “But this has proved that humans can be awesome and the fact that everyone has come together and shown such incredible kindness towards each other, and just following on social media just making each other laugh and making videos and making memes, it’s the stuff that keeps us going and laughing.”
    “Watching funny stuff has helped me through this time. I can get quite anxious, actually I’m finding it really hard. Music has really helped – I’ve been listening to a lot of old music from the 40s and 50s.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Ed Sheeran’s London Pub Gets Scathing Reviews Due to Poor Service

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Lady GaGa Raises $128M With 'Together at Home' Concert

    Instagram

    The star-studded online concert extravaganza has collected nearly $128 million for charity to aid the fight against coronavirus amid the global pandemic.
    Apr 20, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Lady GaGa’s “One World: Together at Home” special raised almost $128 million in the U.S. for the coronavirus relief fund.
    The two-hour event, which featured remote performances from Gaga, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Lizzo, and Taylor Swift among others, was not planned as a fundraiser but Saturday night’s April 18, 2020 big show inspired people across America to give.
    Gaga kicked off the special with a performance of Charlie Chaplin’s “Smile” and closed the show with an all-star rendition of “The Prayer” featuring Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli.
    Global Citizen bosses, who helped to put the show together, have confirmed the event raised $127.9 million for COVID-19 aid.
    “Thank you @ladygaga for helping @GlblCtzn create this historic global broadcasting event,” a message read. “To everyone around the world: Stay strong, stay safe, we will be together in person soon.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Ellie Goulding Terrified of Performing Online as She Feels Insecure About Her Look and Voice

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift Among Highlights at 'Together at Home' Concert

    Global Citizen

    The ‘Poker Face’ singer kicks off the star-studded online show with Charlie Chaplin’s ‘Smile’ and the ‘Lover’ hitmaker delivers an emotional performance of ‘Soon You’ll Get Better’.
    Apr 20, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Lady GaGa bookended the two-hour “One World Together at Home” special in America on Saturday night, April 18, 2020.
    The pop star, who also curated the star-studded virtual Global Citizen concert, kicked off the show with a version of Charlie Chaplin’s “Smile”, recorded from her home in Los Angeles, and she closed out the telethon by performing “The Prayer” with Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, John Legend, and pianist Yang Yang.
    [embedded content]
    The big event, staged to honour the healthcare workers, grocery staff, delivery drivers and all those risking their lives to serve others during the coronavirus crisis, also featured at-home performances from Paul McCartney, who dedicated his take on The Beatles’ “Lady Madonna” to “the heroes – our healthcare workers,” Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Maluma, Eddie Vedder, Keith Urban, Lizzo, Billie Joe Armstrong, Billie Eilish and her brother Finneas, and The Rolling Stones, who performed a rendition of “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”.
    [embedded content]
    The night’s emotional highlight came from Taylor Swift, who sang “Soon You’ll Get Better” – a track she wrote about her mother’s cancer battle.
    [embedded content]
    The “One World at Home” special also featured celebrity appearances from Kerry Washington, Beyonce Knowles, Alicia Keys, Oprah Winfrey, Matthew McConaughey, Bollywood icon Shah Rukh Khan, and Idris Elba and his wife Sabrina, who recently won their battle with COVID-19.
    [embedded content]
    The stars all offered message of hope and urged fans to observe stay-at-home guidelines to protect themselves and others.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Katy Perry Mourning Beloved Cat’s Death

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Liam Payne Apologizes After Called 'Biphobic' Over His New Song 'Both Ways'

    WENN

    The former One Direction member is quick to respond after he is accused of ‘fetishising bisexuality’ with his latest single from next solo studio installment.
    Apr 19, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Liam Payne is “sorry to anyone who got offended” over his song “Both Ways”, after the track was accused of “fetishising bisexuality.”
    The raunchy record, which features lyrics including, “Flipping that body, go head, I go tails, sharing that body like it’s our last meal,” was met with backlash from fans, and led to the hashtag #liampayneisoverparty trending on Twitter.
    Addressing the controversy in a new interview with Britain’s Daily Star newspaper, the former One Direction star insisted he didn’t mean to cause offence, saying, “I am sorry to anyone who got offended by certain songs or different things on the album, for sure.”
    “It was never my intention with any of the writing or things I was doing,” he explained. “I was just challenging myself in different areas.”
    The father-of-one said it was a “moment in time,” adding that a lot of the songs he was sent were sexually suggestive following the success of his debut solo single, “Strip That Down”.
    “I was pigeonholed into this kind of thing and of course, I am a young guy I am interested in that sort of stuff, I like the idea of the songs and the grooves or certain vibes so I was like, ‘Ok let’s go for it,’ ” he added.
    While Liam’s record “LP1” stalled at a disappointing number 17 on the U.K. charts, fans are convinced he is set to reunite with his former One Direction bandmates for the group’s 10th anniversary later this year 2020, after he, Niall Horan, Harry Styles, and Louis Tomlinson all re-followed former member Zayn Malik on Twitter – five years after his sensational departure from the band.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Ariana Grande Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Studio Picture

    Related Posts More

  • in

    Megan Thee Stallion Granted Permission by Judge to Take Label Bosses to Trial Amid Dispute

    WENN

    Judge Robert Schaeffer has ruled in favor of the ‘Hot Girl Summer’ star and allowed the female rapper to take her feud with CEO Carl Crawford and his associates to trial.
    Apr 19, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Megan Thee Stallion has been given permission to take her former record label bosses at 1501 Certified Entertainment to court in Texas.
    Judge Robert Schaeffer has denied the label chiefs’ request to decide the cash wrangle via arbitration and he’s allowing Megan to take them to trial.
    The rapper’s attorney, Richard Busch, told Billboard, “We are obviously very happy with the court’s decision and look forward to litigating this case.”
    In her lawsuit, which was filed last month, March 2020, she alleged she had only been paid $15,000 despite generating an estimated $7 million for the label and asked for her recording contract to be voided.
    Megan also accused Carl Crawford and his associates of distributing her mug shot from an arrest five years ago as part of a bullying campaign following her decision to sign a new deal with Jay-Z.
    Crawford, a former Major League Baseball star, has yet to comment on the latest verdict but he previously accused the rapper of a “systematic breach of her contractual obligations.”
    Last month, she was granted a temporary restraining order against CEO Crawford after she claimed he was preventing her from releasing new music.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Michelle Obama to Read Children’s Books on PBS During Lockdown

    Related Posts More