in

Paddy McGuinness shares reason dating show Take Me Out wouldn’t be allowed to air now

Take Me Out presenter Paddy McGuinness says the show wouldn’t get commissioned today because it will offend snowflakes, and TV executives aren’t ready to take that risk

TV executives no likey(Image: scu)

Paddy McGuinness reckons Take Me Out wouldn’t get commissioned in today’s climate because it would offend snowflakes. The presenter, 51, is convinced nervy TV execs would be too nervous to give it a chance.

He said: “I think the way things are in the world now… we live in a very strange time where if you’re saying something jokey or something not serious or whatever, it gets taken out of context, put online, and there’s a spin on everything.

Article continues below

“I think Take Me Out, because it was so kind of pure, lovely, fun and on a Saturday night, and we had a laugh. That was of its time.

Take Me Out wouldn’t be allowed to air now(Image: Shared Content Unit)

“I think if you did it now, there would be that many bloody things going, ‘Oh, you can’t do that, you can’t say this’ and take things out of context.”

Despite his concerns, Paddy is still up for reviving the show. The star would love to return as host for new episodes.

He said: “If they said, ‘Do you want to do two or three charity specials?’ I would be all over it.”

Paddy admits Take Me Out is one of the best shows he has done during his years on TV. He added: “It was a lovely thing to be a part of. We did it for 10 years and I have a lot of good memories.

“When I’m out and about now, kids come up to me and ask me about it, and I’m like, ‘Have you seen that?’ But it’s still repeated.”

Hear the full interview on podcast Table Manners.

The dating show would ‘offend snowflakes’(Image: Handout)

The Star previously reported Paddy McGuinness had a surprise when a cheeky fan in her 20s asked him to autograph her chest.

The 51-year-old funnyman is usually up for a laugh and happy to dish out signatures, but he put the brakes on when it came to signing off on someone’s assets.

He reckons he’s got to “be careful” these days, what with all the scandal about Phillip Schofield’s “unwise but not illegal” fling with a younger workmate at This Morning, followed by his stint on the CastAway reality show after a break from the limelight.

Article continues below

Paddy told The Sun: “I finished a show, and there was a little car park outside – there was a group of young women waiting, they were all in their 20s.

“Good as gold, they said, ‘Can we have a selfie? Will you do some autographs?’ Not a problem.”

Source: Celebrities - dailystar.co.uk


Tagcloud:

‘Snow White review is in – it should be a hit but one major star is the weak link’

Pete Doherty paused a gig to take his dog Gladys for a walk as she started barking