in

Doctor Who new series is ‘scariest in history’ packed full of terrifying scenes

Many viewers of the BBC One favourite may be shocked at how scary the new season is according to the show’s writer Juno Dawson

Ncuti Gatwa has reprised his role as The Doctor(Image: BBC Studios/Danny Kasirye/James Pardon)

You’re going to need to get back behind the sofa… the new series of Doctor Who is set to be the scariest in its history. The BBC sci-fi drama will feature a raft of terrifying scenes despite airing before the 9pm watershed.

Show writer Juno Dawson is warning some episodes will be so intense they will shock many viewers.

Article continues below

She said: “This series is darker and it’s scarier than the show has been before. There are a couple of episodes that are going to really freak people out.

“The third episode in particular is one of the most expensive episodes they’ve ever done and it’s really scary.”

The storylines are going to be so unpredictable that even long-time fans won’t know what to expect. Juno added: “There are lots of surprises. There are so many twists. You might think you know what’s going to happen, but you don’t.”

Ncuti Gatwa as The Doctor with Millie Gibson as companion Ruby Sunday(Image: Natalie Seery/Bad Wolf/BBC Studios)

Ncuti Gatwa has reprised his role as The Doctor for the new run while Varada Sethu has joined the cast to play new sidekick Belinda Chandra.

Guest stars will include Alan Cumming, Charlie Condou, Rylan Clark and Bonnie Langford. Execs are hoping it will be a ratings smash when it kicks off on April 12 on BBC One.

Juno said: “Every year the show starts afresh. I think fans will love it. There are lots of secrets revealed that they will be anticipating. But I think it’ll also be fun for people who have never seen the show before.”

It comes after BBC came out swinging, furiously dismissing any whispers that Doctor Who might soon face the chopping block. At the same time, they’ve clammed up on confirming whether Ncuti Gatwa will depart from the legendary series.

Doctor Who is a Saturday night staple for many(Image: BBC Studios/Bad Wolf/James Pardon)
Article continues below

There was speculation that 32-year-old Ncuti is mulling over his exit strategy after a mere two seasons’ stint as the lead. Stepping into the Tardis in 2023, inheriting the mantle of the Doctor from Jodie Whittaker, rumours are swirling that he’s plotting to jump ship post the upcoming season 15.

Such talks have sparked dread amongst fans, who are worried over the potential axing of the beloved show as it has witnessed viewership dwindle from its golden age glory to a current tally of only 3.5 million viewers in recent episodes, despite Disney now investing in the show since series 14.

However, a BBC spokesperson has told the Mirror: “This story is incorrect, Doctor Who has not been shelved. As we have previously stated, the decision on season 3 will be made after season 2 airs. The deal with Disney+ was for 26 episodes – and exactly half of those still have to transmit. And as for the rest, we never comment on the Doctor and future storylines.”

Source: Celebrities - dailystar.co.uk


Tagcloud:

Richard Chamberlain, Actor in ‘Shogun’ and ‘Dr. Kildare,’ Dies at 90

Status Quo icon Francis Rossi says a sheikh once offered him £12m in a restaurant