More stories

  • 'Wonder Woman 1984' Pushed Back Until Christmas in Latest Delay Amid Pandemic

    Warner Bros. Pictures

    The ‘Wonder Woman’ sequel fronted by Gal Gadot is facing a delay yet again as the movie is now held back until December as the coronavirus pandemic continues.
    Sep 12, 2020
    AceShowbiz – The launch of the highly-anticipated “Wonder Woman” sequel has been officially pushed back until Christmas (20).
    Theatre shutdowns across the globe due to the coronavirus pandemic had already prompted studio bosses at Warner Bros. to delay its original June release for Gal Gadot’s return as the DC Comics superhero until August, and then October, but now they have opted to make fans wait a little longer as indoor cinemas remain closed in a number of key U.S. markets.
    Now “Wonder Woman 1984” will land on 25 December.
    Confirming the news on Friday (11Sep20), director Patty Jenkins shares in a statement, “First and foremost let me say how much Gal and I love all our devoted Wonder Woman fans around the world, and your excitement for WW84 couldn’t make us happier or more eager for you to see the movie.”
    “Because I know how important it is to bring this movie to you on a big screen when all of us can share the experience together, I’m hopeful you won’t mind waiting just a little bit longer. With the new date on Christmas Day, we can’t wait to spend the holidays with you!”
    The latest delay will come as a big blow to theatre owners as they attempt to draw film fans back to big screens amid the ongoing pandemic.
    Christopher Nolan’s recently-released sci-fi epic, “Tenet”, was the first blockbuster to hit theatres in the post-COVID-19 era, with James Bond action thriller “No Time to Die” still set to open in November (20).
    Disney’s next Marvel movie, “Black Widow”, is currently still scheduled for a 6 November opening in the U.S. although rumours suggest another delay is likely due to continued box office concerns.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Golf Star John Daly Reveals Battle With Bladder Cancer

    Related Posts More

  • Kardashians Eyeing to Sign Deal With Streaming Platform as Reality Show Is Coming to End

    E!

    The Kardashian-Jenner clan is reportedly hoping to take their show to streaming service as they are mulling over the idea of starting their own media company.
    Sep 12, 2020
    AceShowbiz – The Kardashians are reportedly planning to continue to dominate screens after their hit family reality series ends as they plan to launch a media company.
    According to the New York Post’s gossip column Page Six, the end of “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” after 20 years means the stars, including self-proclaimed ‘momager’ Kris Jenner and siblings Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian, could land a big streaming deal within a year.
    “There’s more money in streaming,” said a source, hinting they have their eyes on either Netflix, Apple or Amazon. “And it’s global.”
    In addition to shopping past seasons of the show, an insider close to the family also said they’re even mulling starting “their own media company” in the near future.
    They explained the family is interested in shifting away from their reality roots to work on a show similar to “Shark Tank” – which gives budding entrepreneurs a shot at making their dreams come true by pitching to successful business people.
    For now, however, the family, also including Jenner siblings Kendall and Kylie, are said to be ready to take a break from the cameras.
    “They’re open to all opportunities,” the source added. “But they are taking some time off.”
    Kim first broke the news on Instagram on Tuesday, saying that the family is “beyond grateful to all of you who’ve watched us for all of these years – through the good times, the bad times, the happiness, the tears, and the many relationships and children.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Golf Star John Daly Reveals Battle With Bladder Cancer

    Related Posts More

  • Cancel Netflix Petition Launched Amid Backlash Over Controversial Movie 'Cuties'

    Bien Ou Bien Productions

    Maimouna Doucoure, director of the 18+ award-winning film, has previously revealed she received ‘numerous death threats’ due to an inappropriately sexualised poster used to promote the movie.
    Sep 11, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Netflix’s movie “Cuties” continues to face resistance from people due to its controversial theme. Amid growing backlash over the movie, people have launched a petition to cancel the streaming service and made #CancelNetflix trending on Twitter on Thursday, September 10.
    Those who complained about the film mainly took issue with the fact that it focuses on young girls while the movie itself is labeled for 18+. “This movie/show is disgusting as it sexualizes an ELEVEN year old for the viewing pleasure of pedophiles and also negatively influences our children!” wrote the petition creator, Allison M.
    “There is no need for this kind of content in that age group, especially when sex trafficking and pedophilia are so rampant! There is no excuse, this is dangerous content!” she went on claiming. Allison also urged people who signed the petition to support another petition “to the FBI to Charge Netflix with Distribution of Inappropriate Child Material!”
    More than 300,000 people have signed the petition and the number is rapidly growing. One of them left a comment which read, “Eleven year olds don’t need to be sexualized.” Another simply noted, “This is disgusting.”
    Another critic posted on Twitter, “Netflix…this is not fine. 18+ movie about 11 yr old girls is not fine,” adding, “I wont #CancelNetfilx but please you must be critical on this. You can do better than this.” Another user’s comment was more harsh, slamming the company, “All the proof you need to realize critics are shills, cowards and obsolete.”
    “WOWW NETFLIX JUST F**KED UP BIG BIG BIG BIG TIMESS,” an appalled user wrote. “its crazy that they literally released a f**king child pornography movie and had like 650 11 years old twerking for the auditions. its disgusting and sickening #CancelNetfilx [sic].”
    Netflix previously faced backlash over a poster used to promote “Cuties” which was accused of sexualizing young girls. After the company removed it, director of the French film, Maimouna Doucoure, revealed she received death threats over the poster controversy.
    “I received numerous attacks on my character from people who had not seen the film, who thought I was actually making a film that was apologetic about hypersexualiation of children,” she told Deadline earlier this month. “I also received numerous death threats.”
    “Cuties” centers on a traditional Senegalese Muslim girl who is caught between two contrasting sides, traditional values and Internet culture. The coming-of-age comedy-drama nabbed Directing Award-Dramatic for filmmaker Doucoure at the Sundance Film Festival.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    ‘Mighty Ducks’ Star Shaun Weiss Looks Much Better Amid Sobriety Journey – See the Pic!

    Related Posts More

  • 'Fast and Furious 9' Going to Outer Space, Michelle Rodriguez Confirms

    Universal Pictures

    The Letty Ortiz depicter lets slip a juicy detail of the upcoming installment of the action film franchise when asked about the rumor which was first sparked by her co-star Ludacris.
    Sep 11, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Michelle Rodriguez couldn’t hold back her tongue when talking about “F9”. The Letty Ortiz of the “Fast & Furious” film saga has let slip a juicy detail of the upcoming installment of the franchise when stopping by SiriusXM’s “The Jess Cagle Show” on Thursday, September 10.
    During an interview with hosts Jess Cagle and Julia Cunningham, the 42-year-old was asked if she was heading to space with Ludacris, who first teased the space venture in the ninth movie. Surprised at how they found out the information, she failed to keep her cool and inadvertently confirmed it.
    “Oh, no way. How did you guys find that out? See what happens? People start talking behind the scenes, man,” she responded, not denying the said plot detail. Blaming in on the long gap between the eighth and ninth film, she speculated, “When a movie doesn’t come out and forget about it, things get out.”
    “Nobody was supposed to know that,” Rodriguez went on claiming, not realizing that she only made it worse. She eventually gave an answer to the actual question as saying, “Oh, well, no, I’m not, I’m not, I’m not lucky enough to hit space.”
    The “Avatar” star also revealed that the movie’s writing team includes a female writer, something which she had been pushing for. “…we did get a female writer and showed a lot of love, I think, on this one,” she shared. “Thanks to…Justin Lin. We were able to, to find a little bit more attention and love for the girls in the movie. And so I’m really hopeful that that, that shows through in the final product.”
    “Super grateful that they were open to it. I wanted a female writer. I wanted all the females in Fast & Furious to get some love,” she continued to show her appreciation for the movie execs for listening to her aspiration. “The thing is, is that all the guys are focused on the guys, period,” she explained, hoping for a change with the addition of a female writer. “And so I just know that if I bring up a female writer and she might care a little more about the female story.”
    “F9” was originally slated to hit theaters on May 22 of this year, but it has been pushed back for almost a year due to COVID-19 pandemic. The Vin Diesel-starring movie is now scheduled to open in theaters on April 2, 2021.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Summer Walker Apparently Regrets Signing Lease With London On Da Track

    Related Posts More

  • Nicolas Cage's 'Tiger King' Gets Picked Up by Amazon Prime

    WENN/Instar

    The untitled project, backed by Hollywood movie mogul Brian Grazer and based on the hit Netflix docuseries, will see the ‘National Treasure’ star portraying big cat collector Joe Exotic.
    Sep 11, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Nicolas Cage’s “Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness” revamp has been picked up by bosses at Amazon Prime.
    The “National Treasure” star will portray big cat collector Joe Exotic in the scripted show based on the hugely popular Netflix docuseries.
    The untitled project, backed by Hollywood movie mogul Brian Grazer, launched in May, with several networks and streaming sites keen to pick it up.
    News of the show comes weeks after NBCUniversal gave comedian and actress Kate McKinnon’s new project, about Joe Exotic’s “Tiger King” rival Carole Baskin, a straight-to-series order.
    On the Amazon series, Cage will portray an eccentric zookeeper in Oklahoma fighting to save his park. The project is based on the Texas Monthly article “Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild”, written by Leif Reigstad, who will executive produce with Grazer.
    The real Joe Exotic is currently serving a 22-year prison sentence for his role in a murder-for-hire plot against Baskin. He recently asked U.S. leader Donald Trump for an official pardon in his ongoing fight for freedom.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Chuck Norris Takes Legal Action Against Erectile Dysfunction Drug Company

    Related Posts More

  • Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki Share Emotional Posts on Final Day of Filming 'Supernatural'

    The CW

    The Dean depicter shares his appreciation for everyone who has worked with him on the show, while his on-screen brother admits his ’emotions are stratospheric’ as he heads to the set for the last time.
    Sep 11, 2020
    AceShowbiz – It’s officially a wrap for “Supernatural”. After 15 years of working together, leading men Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki turned to social media to share their emotional tributes on the final day of filming The CW’s series.
    On Thursday, September 10, the Dean Winchester depicter made use of his Instagram account to upload pictures of himself on the show and one of them was with his on-screen brother. “Woke up at 6am this morning. That alarm went off with a heavy tone. Today is the final day of a 15 year journey. One that has changed my life forever,” he began his lengthy post.
    Expressing his appreciation to those who have worked with him on the show, the 42-year-old said, “To those I have worked with on this journey and to those who have watched and supported…you will never understand my great appreciation for you. ‘Thank you’ doesn’t cover it. There just aren’t words. I’m so grateful for these memories that I will carry with me forever.”
    “What a ride it has been. And what a run,” the “Dark Angel” star added. Referring to the snapshots he shared, he noted, “#spnfamilyforever here are a few shots from our final days…including today. I’ll try and send more later, but in true SPN form…we are in the middle of ‘nowhere’ and have zero service. Go figure. Stay tuned.”

    Hours before, Ackles’ co-star Padalecki made a tribute of his own using his Instagram account. Posting a selfie of himself heading to the set, he wrote in the accompanying message, “Well, here goes… I write this as I head to my last day of #Supernatural. My last day with #SamWinchester.”
    “Obviously, my head is spinning and my emotions are stratospheric, but there’s still a bit of time left on the clock,” the Sam Winchester depicter continued. “Thank y’all SO MUCH for the incredible amount of love and support that’s been headed our way, in these final hours. It’s definitely been felt. I’ll check in soon, but, for now, #WeHaveWorkToDo #spnfamily.”

    The remaining seven episodes from the final season of “Supernatural” will begin airing on October 8. The finale is scheduled to be broadcast on November 19.

    You can share this post!

    Related Posts More

  • 'Fast and Furious' Co-Creator Resolves 'Hobbs and Shaw' Lawsuit Against Universal Amicably

    WENN/Avalon

    Both producer Neal Moritz and the studio express their relief that their ‘little family disagreement’ is over, and that they are able to now ‘focus on the future of this franchise.’
    Sep 11, 2020
    AceShowbiz – The brains behind the “Fast and Furious” franchise and the series’ studio bosses have ended their feud over the “Hobbs & Shaw” spin-off.
    Universal executives and producer Neal Moritz are all friends again after he took them to court for breach of contract over the 2019 film “Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw”, starring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and Jason Statham.
    Announcing a settlement on Thursday (September 10), a Universal spokesman told Deadline, “Neal H. Moritz has been an integral part of the ‘Fast & Furious’ family since the inception of the franchise nearly two decades ago. The studio and Neal have amicably resolved our dispute and settled all claims relating to the ‘Fast & Furious’ spin-off ‘Hobbs & Shaw’. We’re glad to put this issue behind us and focus on the future of this franchise.”
    Meanwhile, Moritz is glad the “little family disagreement” is over, adding, “I am happy to rejoin my Universal and Fast family to continue to work on the ‘Fast’ saga for many films to come. I appreciate Universal’s leadership team working with me and my attorney, Howard Abramson, to resolve this fairly.”
    In his suit, Moritz claimed he had been replaced as a producer on “Hobbs & Shaw” days before the film went before the cameras. He fought to be either reinstated as the lead producer or be paid “tens of millions of dollars in damages in lost compensation.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Nicolas Cage’s ‘Tiger King’ Gets Picked Up by Amazon Prime

    Related Posts More

  • Sam Elliott Gets Recruited to Succeed Late Adam West as Mayor in 'Family Guy'

    WENN/Avalon/Joseph Marzullo

    In the announcement of the new casting, executive producer Richard Appel reveals that the Bobby Maine of ‘A Star Is Born’ initially turned down the offer for him to play himself.
    Sep 11, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “A Star Is Born” actor Sam Elliott has been recruited to replace the late Adam West in the upcoming 19th season of cartoon series “Family Guy”.
    West, who passed away in 2017, voiced a fictionalized version of himself – as the Mayor of Quahog – for over 100 episodes.
    Announcing the new casting, “Family Guy” executive producer Richard Appel tells Entertainment Weekly, “In having a conversation about, ‘How do you replace him (West)?’, the universal belief was, ‘He’s irreplaceable.’ And then the next question is, ‘Do you find a new mayor?’ In the world of ‘Family Guy’, he had an important role, and a role that was necessary for a lot of stories.”
    “(We thought), ‘Who could be as original and unexpected and comedically fun and fresh as Adam?’ Sam has a voice… made for radio, and Sam Elliott quickly became our first choice.”

    But Elliott initially turned the role – of himself – down.
    “He just felt like he didn’t want to play himself,” Appel adds. “So we kicked around a bunch of ideas and then said, ‘What if we refashion this as Wild West for Sam Elliott and create this new character?’ And he responded very well to that idea.”
    Season 19 of “Family Guy” premieres on 27 September.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Pamela Anderson Offers Access to Her Life Through Paid Subscription Channel

    Related Posts More