More stories

  • 'Black Panther' Claims Top Spot on U.K. Film Chart Weeks After Chadwick Boseman's Death

    Walt Disney Pictures

    Movie

    Climbing eight spots after re-entering the top 10 in the first week of September, the 2018 Marvel blockbuster bests over ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ and ‘Trolls World Tour’.

    Sep 10, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “Black Panther” has peaked atop the U.K.’s Official Film Chart following the tragic passing of leading man Chadwick Boseman.
    The 2018 Marvel blockbuster climbs eight spots after re-entering the top 10 at number nine last week (ends September 06) – knocking the former chart-topper, sci-fi classic “The Fifth Element”, down to 11.

    “Sonic the Hedgehog” zooms in at two while “Trolls World Tour” stays comfortable in third place. War epic “1917” and DC Comics film “Joker” are in at four and five, respectively.
    “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” climbs back up to sixth place from number 10 last week, while “Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn” and “Dolittle” fall one place each to seven and eight.
    Rounding out the top 10 are “Jumanji: The Next Level” and “Bad Boys for Life”.

    You can share this post!

    Previous article
    Meryl Streep’s Nephew Accused of Throwing Racial Slurs During Road Rage Beatdown

    Next article
    Halle Berry Gets Honest About Bone Cancer Fear Following ‘Bruised’ Set Injury

    Related Posts

    Report: Chadwick Boseman Could Be Replaced as Black Panther Due to Pay Dispute

    ‘Black Panther’ Is Called ‘Utter Bullsh*t’ by Director Terry Gilliam, Fans Brand Him Racist

    NAACP Image Awards 2019: ‘Black Panther’, ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Lead Film Nominations

    Andy Serkis Was Convinced He Would Die After Filming ‘Black Panther’ Fight Scene More

  • Denise Richards Exits 'RHOBH' Following Hookup Drama

    Bravo TV

    The announcement comes following the drama-filled season 10 which sees the ‘Wild Things’ actress at the center of controversies, including her alleged hookup with Brandi Glanville.
    Sep 10, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Denise Richards is bidding farewell to “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills after 2 seasons. A rep for the actress confirmed to Variety on Wednesday, September 9, that Denise wouldn’t be back for season 11 of the Bravo reality show.
    The announcement of her departure comes following the drama-filled season 10 which saw Denise at the center of controversies. Early in the season, the 49-year-old was accused of “mom-shaming” by other cast members after she claimed that she didn’t want her daughters around her co-stars because they discussed threesomes in front of her children and their friends at her party. Other Housewives thought that she was being hypocritical because Denise was knowns as someone who was open about sex.
    Additionally, Denise made headlines several times over her alleged affair with Brandi Glanville, who claimed that they hooked up during a visit to her movie set in April 2019. The latter also said that Denise tried to shut her up about their hookup because she wanted to save her marriage to Aaron Phypers. Richards, meanwhile, has adamantly denied all the allegations.
    “If I was just doing it to make a splash, why would I not have done it last season? Then they would have brought me back full-time this season because they would have had a giant full f***ing story line,” Brandi told Us Weekly back in July. “I didn’t say it last season because I was worried that I was a cheater after she’s like, ‘Oh, Aaron’s going to kill me if he finds out.’ I thought, ‘What is she talking about? That is bulls**t.’ ”
    Brandi also accused Denise of talking about other Housewives behind their back. According to Brandi, Denise said that Teddi Mellencamp was “pathetic” and called Erika Girardi a “cold-hearted b***h.” In the first part of the reunion, Denise shared that she felt like a “target.”
    Prior to her departure announcement, the “Wild Things” star hinted that she might not return for a new season of “RHOBH”, noting that she would only if “it makes sense.” She went on to say at the time, “I actually had so much fun my first season, and I formed genuine friendships. This season was very different, but I would never say I regret anything. I just roll with the punches.”
    Bravo has yet to comment on the matter.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Rhea Chakraborty Arrested After Being Accused of Abetting Sushant Singh Rajput’s Suicide

    Related Posts More

  • 'The Walking Dead' to End With Season 11, Spin-Offs in the Works

    AMC/Jackson Lee Davis

    The final season of the hit zombie drama series will be made up of 24 episodes instead of the usual 16, whereas one of its spin-offs will be built around Daryl Dixon and Carol Peletier.
    Sep 10, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Hit zombie drama “The Walking Dead” is set to be killed off in 2022 with a bumper 11th season.
    The series, based on Robert Kirkman’s comic books of the same name, won’t be off-air completely – U.S. network officials at AMC have already given a series order to a new spin-off, starring Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride, who will be reprising their respective roles as Daryl Dixon and Carol Peletier for an as-yet-untitled show, scheduled to premiere in 2023.
    The project will reunite the pair with co-creators Angela Kang and Scott M. Gimple, who have both served as showrunners on “The Walking Dead”.
    The news is sure to be welcomed by fans, who have had to wait to find out the conclusion of the current season 10 of “The Walking Dead” due to production delays as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. What had originally been planned as the finale is now set to air as a special episode on 4 October, with 10 bonus instalments lined up to air next year (21).
    The 11th and final season, made up of 24 episodes – instead of the usual 16, will then follow, split over two years.

    Meanwhile, Gimple, “The Walking Dead”‘s chief content officer, is also developing a related anthology series titled, “Tales of the Walking Dead”, focusing on individual characters’ story arcs from the expanded franchise, which already includes the spin-offs “Fear the Walking Dead”, and “The Walking Dead: World Beyond”.
    And fans will also have the return of Rick Grimes, played by Andrew Lincoln, to look forward to – he will be starring in a trilogy of feature-length projects written by Gimple.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Kaley Cuoco Fires Back at Those Criticizing Her for Wearing Mask While Working Out

    Related Posts More

  • Kirstie Alley on New Diversity Rules for Oscar: It's 'Disgrace to Artists Everywhere'

    WENN/Adriana M. Barraza

    Taking to her Twitter account, the ‘Cheers’ actress publicly disagrees with the Academy’s decision to add representation and inclusion to one of the standards for a movie to be eligible for Best Picture category.
    Sep 10, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Kirstie Alley has weighed in on the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ decision to add representation and inclusion to one of the standards for a movie to be eligible for Best Picture category. Taking to her Twitter account on Monday, September 8, the actress publicly disagreed with it.
    “This is a disgrace to artists everywhere…,” the 69-year-old actress wrote on the blue bird app. “can you imagine telling Picasso what had to be in his f**king paintings.”
    She went on saying, “You people have lost your minds. Control artists, control individual thought .. OSCAR ORWELL.” Echoing the sentiment was James Woods who simply said, “Madness.” Dean Cain appeared to be on the same page as he retweeted the tweet.
    Their responses come after the Academy announced earlier in the day that it updated standards for Best Picture. It was said that as part of its Academy Aperture 2025 initiative, films have to meet two of the following four standards to be eligible to win the Oscar for Best Picture.
    The four standards include on-screen representation, themes, and narratives, creative leadership and project team and industry access and opportunities. The last one is audience development.
    Calling it a “catalyst for lasting change”, the Academy revealed in an Instagram post the new regulation is “to encourage equitable representation on and off screen in order to better reflect the diversity of the movie-going audience.” It continued, “Our new representation and inclusion standards will help ensure that Best Picture nominees reflect the diverse world around us.”

    The requirement, which is a response to the #OscarsSoWhite controversy in 2016, is scheduled to take full effect at the 96th Oscars in 2024. Meanwhile, the 2021 Oscars will take place on April 25, 2021 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.

    You can share this post!

    Related Posts More

  • ABC Develops 'Black-ish' Spin-Off 'Old-ish'

    ABC

    ‘Old-ish’ is set to follow Ruby and Earl Johnson as they give love a second chance and meet characters who represent the old and new faces of the community.
    Sep 10, 2020
    AceShowbiz – More story in “Ish” franchise is here. A new spin-off of Emmy-winning series “Black-ish” is reportedly being developed at ABC. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the network is working on “Old-ish”, a new show set in the “Ish” universe which will focus on Laurence Fishburne and Jenifer Lewis’ respective characters, Earl “Pops” Johnson and Ruby Johnson.
    “Old-ish” is set to follow Ruby and Earl as they give love a second chance. As they move to a rapidly gentrifying neighborhood of Los Angeles, they’ll meet characters who represent the old and new faces of the community as they try to make it work as a married couple. Again.
    Series creator Kenya Barris, who departed ABC for a lucrative overall deal with Netflix in August 2018, has tapped to pen the script and exec produce alongside Laurence, Anthony Anderson and Artists First’s E. Brian Dobbins. Meanwhile, Jenifer will serve as a producer. It will hail ABC Signature, Fishburne and Helen Sugland’s Cinema Gypsy and Barris’ Khalabo Ink Society.
    While being a recurring cast member on the series, Laurence has appeared in more than 60 of the comedy’s 141 episodes thus far. Meanwhile, Jenifer was upped from recurring to series regular in season two of “Black-ish”.
    “Old-ish” marks the third spin-off in the “Ish” empire. Prior to this, Kenya developed Freeform’s “Grown-ish” which stars Yara Shahidi, and “Mixed-ish”, which is a prequel series set in the 1980s. It follows the younger version of Tracee Ellis Ross’ character, Rainbow.
    Season 7 of “Black-ish”, meanwhile, is scheduled to start airing again on October 4 on ABC.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Jaime King’s Ex Accuses Her of Emptying Their Bank Accounts More

  • 'AGT' Fans Call Thomas Day a 'Disgrace' for Lying About Reason of His Withdrawal

    NBC

    In the Tuesday, September 8 episode of the show, in which he performed as a wildcard act, it was revealed that he dropped out because he and his mother contracted with COVID-19.
    Sep 10, 2020
    AceShowbiz – The new episode episode of “America’s Got Talent” featured performances from wildcard acts, including singer Thomas Day who mysteriously dropped out of the quarterfinals. In the new episode, which aired on Tuesday, September 8, it was then revealed that he dropped out because he and his mother contracted with COVID-19.
    “I was scared for my health. My mom and I were fortunate – we got through it,” Thomas, who performed Billie Eilish’s “When the Party’s Over” that night, said of his return. “I’ve watched the show. I’ve seen all the people go through. And I mean, I know my dream is over. I’m just waiting for the flight to go back home – and out of nowhere, on the last day of quarantine, that’s when I got the call when they told me I was being brought back on the show as a wild card. I feel so blessed and thankful.”
    However, the revelation only made fans angry because that wasn’t what the heartthrob singer said to a fan on Cameo last week. At the time, he shared that he had to leave the NBC show because his high school football schedule had conflicted with the show.
    Accusing him of being a liar, one enraged fan tweeted, “Don’t vote for Thomas Day! He’s a liar and sold his reason for leaving #agt and then he gets to come back and avoid a whole week of voting???” Someone else added, “I already wasn’t voting for Thomas Day but lying about why he dropped out for sympathy makes me like him even less #agt.”
    Another fan noted that it was unfair, saying, “I am sorry, but why is Thomas Day back after literally WITHDRAWING from the competition? This is extremely unfair to those who actually deserve the wildcard spot. I am sorry Thomas, but you are not getting my vote this week. #AGT.”
    “[email protected] #AGT Why did Thomas Day state that Football was his reason for exiting the competition . Yet now his reason is Covid 19. Just be truthful in your reason. He should not be a wildcard unless he is truthful,” one other chimed in. Meanwhile, a user called Thomas “a disgrace.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    DJ Khaled Blasts Paparazzi Over Butt Crack Pic: ‘Chill, Man’

    Related Posts More

  • Cynthia Nixon Admits She Is Bothered by How Undiverse 'Sex and the City' Was

    Warner Bros. Pictures

    Though acknowledging that the hit series doesn’t adequately represent New York City, the actress best known for her role as Miranda Hobbes insists that she still loves it dearly.
    Sep 9, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “Sex and the City” star Cynthia Nixon will always be bothered by the lack of racial diversity on the hit show.
    The actress, who portrayed lawyer Miranda Hobbes on TV and in two spin-off films, admits the show doesn’t adequately represent New York City, as the cast was mainly wealthy and Caucasian.
    “I was always troubled by how undiverse it was,” she tells Grazia magazine. “Certainly racially but also how the slice of New York City it was showing was so incredibly affluent.”
    Cynthia notes the series, which also starred Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall and Kristin Davis, did feature at least one realistic character – struggling bartender Steve, played by David Eigenberg.
    “Miranda’s husband was the only representation of anybody who didn’t have money for days,” she adds. “I guess Carrie (Parker’s character) didn’t have money for days but you would never know it by the way she spent.”
    Despite her grievances, Nixon insists she’s still “very proud” of the show.
    “I love it dearly,” she added, while insisting a third film will likely never happen, following reports of a rift between Cattrall and Parker.
    “We’ve pretty much confirmed that’s not going to be happening,” she explains. “That ship has sailed.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Nick Cannon to Make Radio Return Months After Anti-Semitic Controversy

    Related Posts More

  • Gabrielle Union, Dwyane Wade and Daughter Zaya to Get a Reality Show

    Instagram

    The former ‘America’s Got Talent’ judge allegedly is the one who is pushing for the reality TV show where ‘she can showcase her loving blended family with D-wade.’
    Sep 9, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade may be heading to the small screen. A new report suggests that the couple is trying to get a reality show deal as there is a growing interest in their blended family.
    Should they ink a deal for a new reality TV show, it most likely follows the life of their interesting family. Dwyane’s oldest son Zaire is on his way to get into a top college basketball program. Meanwhile, his middle child Zaya previously made headlines for transitioning to female. Gabrielle and Dwyane’s cute daughter Kaavia will also bring joy to viewers.
    According to MTO News, Gabrielle is the one who is pushing for the show. The former “America’s Got Talent” judge allegedly is “actively looking for something reality based – so she can showcase her loving blended family with D-wade.”
    “The show is supposed to showcase a successful black family. Its more documentary like than ratchet,” the source further claims. The “L.A.’s Finest” alum is reportedly in talks with streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu and Quibi.
    While nothing has been confirmed, it’s not impossible for Gabrielle to get a deal. Most people view the family positively as it has been widely portrayed as an open-minded and supportive family for Zaya despite criticism.
    Recently, the 13-year-old teen shared on Instagram a picture of herself rocking a silver-colored wig and a pair of glasses as she posed beside a flower. “Wake up and smell the [rose emoji],” she wrote in the caption. That post, however, earned her trolling as many people thought that the wig she donned in her new photo looked bad.
    “Not with that wig biiiiiiihhh… they got too much money for that party city wig tf,” someone commented. In the meantime, one more person chimed in, “Now I’m all for being your authentic self but she wrong fa this wig hunty.” Someone else said, “I’m just mad at the wig. That’s it.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Vanessa Hudgens’ Fans Disappointed Over News of Zac Efron and Vanessa Valladares’ Romance

    Related Posts More