More stories

  • 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Coming to an End in 2021

    E!

    The Kardashians family show is bidding farewell next year as the E! reality television series has been officially confirmed to end after airing two more seasons.
    Sep 9, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Hit reality show “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” is to end next year (21).
    Kim Kardashian announced the end of an era via Instagram on Tuesday (08Sep20), revealing the show, which debuted on E! in 2007, will shut down after two more seasons.
    Addressing fans, Kim said, “It is with heavy hearts that we’ve made the difficult decision as a family to say goodbye to Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”
    “After what will be 14 years, 20 seasons, hundreds of episodes and numerous spin-off shows, we are beyond grateful to all of you who’ve watched us for all of these years – through the good times, the bad times, the happiness, the tears, and the many relationships and children. We’ll forever cherish the wonderful memories and countless people we’ve met along the way.”
    Kim also thanked producer Ryan Seacrest and his E! team for “documenting our lives.”
    “Our last season will air early next year in 2021,” Kardashian added. “Without Keeping Up With the Kardashians, I wouldn’t be where I am today. I am so incredibly grateful to everyone who has watched and supported me and my family these past 14 incredible years. This show made us who we are and I will be forever in debt to everyone who played a role in shaping our careers and changing our lives forever.”

    Season 19 of the show will premiere on E! on 17 September.
    The news comes as Kim and her husband Kanye West fight to save their marriage after the rapper recently went public with claims they considered aborting their first child, North, during what his wife claimed was a bipolar episode.
    West is also currently staging an unlikely bid to replace Donald Trump as U.S. President.

    You can share this post!

    Related Posts More

  • Ellen DeGeneres to Address Toxic Workplace Allegations During Upcoming TV Return

    WENN

    Ellen is expected to talk about allegations of harassment and misconduct behind the scenes on ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’ when the program returns later this month.
    Sep 9, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Ellen DeGeneres will return to her studio home and address her namesake show’s summer drama on 21 September (20).
    The comedian issued an apology to staff on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” after former and current employees went public with claims of harassment and misconduct behind the scenes.
    Some whistleblowers told BuzzFeed there was a “toxic culture” on the show and they accused Ellen of turning a blind eye to alleged abuses.
    The expose prompted a major WarnerMedia investigation, following which three senior producers were fired.
    Now, DeGeneres has confirmed she’ll be back in the studio for Season 18 of the show next month, and she will address the claims against herself and the producers during the first episode.
    “I can’t wait to get back to work and back to our studio. And, yes, we’re gonna talk about it,” DeGeneres says.
    She and her crew left the studio in March (20) as the coronavirus crisis began. She subsequently hosted a series of shows virtually from her home.
    The season premiere will feature an in-studio interview with Tiffany Haddish, who last week revealed she had tested positive for COVID-19.
    Kerry Washington, Alec Baldwin, and Chrissy Teigen are also lined up to appear on shows during Ellen’s first week back.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’ Coming to an End in 2021

    Related Posts More

  • Katy Perry Plots 'Juicy' Movie to Document Motherhood

    Instagram

    The ‘Chained to the Rhythm’ singer is working on a new documentary that is expected to give an intimate look into her life and journey as a first-time mother.
    Sep 9, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Katy Perry will give fans a behind-the-scenes look into how she juggles life as one of the worlds biggest pop stars and as a new mum in a “juicy” docu-film.
    The “Smile” hitmaker is set to let fans in on the highs and lows of the past few years in the tell-all film, according to Britain’s Daily Star newspaper, which she’s been working on since the release of her album “Witness” in 2017.
    “At first there was a thought about putting something out, but as time goes on the story gets juicier,” she said. “I say that because I think that Witness time of my life is just one chapter in a very large book that is yet to be finished.”
    “We’re only really five chapters in and it’s maybe eight chapters, nine chapters, 10 chapters and I have incredible footage – I’m always documenting stuff.”
    According to the star, she was inspired to compile the footage after watching Taylor Swift’s Netflix film “Miss Americana”, gushing she was “really impressed” by the project.
    Katy released her last documentary, “Katy Perry: Part of Me”, in 2012, with the film documenting her California Dreams Tour, along with ongoing marital struggles with then-husband Russell Brand. The new project, she teased, will tell the “bigger story.”
    Further information surrounding the movie has yet to be confirmed.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Leonardo DiCaprio Struck Deal With Paparazzi to Hide Smoking Habit From Mom

    Related Posts More

  • Jack Huston Confesses Danny Huston Convinced Him to Take Plantation Owner Role in 'Antebellum'

    WENN/Nicky Nelson

    While he was initially hesitant to play Captain Jasper in the movie, the ‘Boardwalk Empire’ actor realizes that it would spark conversation and discussion amid the ongoing Black Lives Matter protests.
    Sep 8, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Jack Huston turned to his actor uncle Danny Huston for help after he was offered the role of a slave plantation owner in new movie “Antebellum”.
    The “Boardwalk Empire” star was interested in playing Captain Jasper, but he wasn’t sure he wanted to play the villain in a film that would spark talking points amid the ongoing Black Lives Matter protests.
    “It was my Uncle Danny who convinced me that Jasper was a character worth exploring,” Huston explains. “He told me, ‘You must take risks and be scared’, and I was scared of Jasper every day of filming. There’s something insidious about him that really got under my skin. I’m thinking if I have that kind of reaction, then I hope the audience will, too.”
    “When I spoke to the directors on the phone, I realised that this film would spark conversation and spark discussion and hopefully lead to some good. I don’t think you could watch this film without feeling a responsibility and a guilt and a shame for the hundreds of years that have come previous, and actually how we haven’t come that far and how the world is today and that we need to come together right now, and this is a very important time for the world (sic).”
    In the film, Janelle Monae portrays both a modern-day author researching black history and an American Civil War-era slave.
    Huston admits it was worth the risk to play Captain Jasper to work opposite lifelong pal Jena Malone, who portrays his character’s wife.
    “Me and Jena have known each other since we were little itty bitty things,” he adds. “My aunt (Anjelica Huston) directed her first film, ‘Bastard Out of Carolina’… What she had to go through in that movie… I’ve always, since I was a child, wanted to work with her.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Lauren Alaina Explains Why She Is Thankful Ex-Boyfriend Broke Her Heart

    Related Posts More

  • Kaitlyn Bristowe 'So Glad' She Wasn't Picked for Juan Pablo Galavis' Season of 'The Bachelor'

    Instagram

    Kaitlyn, who prior to starring in season 11 of ‘The Bachelorette’ competed for Whitney Bischoff’s love in season 19 of ‘The Bachelor’, reveals that she initially signed up for season 18 of ‘The Bachelor’.
    Sep 8, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Kaitlyn Bristowe almost competed for Juan Pablo Galavis’ heart in his season of “The Bachelor”. Although her audition for season 18 back in 2014 didn’t work out, the former leading lady of “The Bachelorette” didn’t have any regret.
    “I’m just so glad nobody picked me for his season,” Kaitlyn told host Chris Harrison in the Monday, September 7 episode of “The Bachelor: The Greatest Seasons – Ever!” “I remember making my video, being like ‘I can’t wait to meet Camila!’ Then at the end [of the season] I was like ‘Whew!’ ”
    Kaitlyn, who prior to starring in season 11 of “The Bachelorette” competed for Whitney Bischoff’s love in season 19 of “The Bachelor”, wasn’t a fan of Juan and how he treated Clare Crawley. “Worst Bachelor ever,” said Kaitlyn of Juan. “I feel bad saying that, but what comes to mind is he just wasn’t what America wants to see in a man.”
    Referring to when Juan told Clare, “I love f***ing you, but I don’t know you,” the “Dancing with the Stars” contestant went on to say, “It was disgusting.” She added, “I just feel like the way a man speaks to a woman — it’s a respect thing. When that’s what happens when the cameras are off, I don’t know why she didn’t run as fast as she could.”
    Prior to this, Kaitlyn opened up about the criticism she received over her physical appearance which eventually took a toll in her. Showing her vulnerable side on Instagram Stories by sharing a picture of herself crying, she wrote on Saturday, September 5, “I forgot how mean people are when you go on TV.”
    “Just so many ‘She looks so old and plastic’ comments everywhere. You win today trolls. It got to me,” she continued.
    The TV star, who is set to compete for the Mirrorball Trophy in upcoming season 29 of “Dancing with the Stars”, further elaborated her feelings in a follow-up video. “I had a good cry, didn’t somehow ruin my eyeliner,” she shared. “I honestly am so tired that anything will set me off right now, plus I am PMSing so great combo.”
    “But I felt my feelings. I got it out, sometimes I like to be honest on here but not always be ‘woo, happy,’ ” she continued. “I had a weak moment, cried it out, felt it all, now poured myself a glass of wine, and remember what’s important in life.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Chrissy Teigen Lets ‘Dr. Luna’ Perform Sonograms on Her

    Related Posts More

  • Director of Janelle Monae's 'Antebellum' Gets Real About Reason Behind VOD Release

    Lionsgate

    While Gerard Bush explains why the film is too important to be put on hold, his leading actress stresses that it serves as an important reminder about what is at stake amid the Black Lives Matter protests.
    Sep 8, 2020
    AceShowbiz – The producers of Janelle Monae’s hard-hitting new movie, “Antebellum”, chose not to wait for cinemas to re-open after the COVID shutdown to release the project because it’s too relevant to the times.
    In her first leading role, the singer doubles up as a bestselling author studying the history of African-Americans and Civil War-era slavery, and first-time director Gerard Bush tells WENN the film is too important to be put on hold.
    Instead, “Antebellum” will be released via video-on-demand platforms this weekend, September 11.
    “The parallels with the pandemic of racism that has existed in this country for the past 400 years… meant that we not defer this much-needed conversation another day,” he explains.
    “Although we had designed ‘Antebellum’ for the theatrical experience, the urgency of getting the movie in front of as many people as possible now in this moment was much more important than waiting until later in 2021 to get it out in theaters.”
    And there’s another good reason to release the film now, “This feels like a divine time for the movie because the release date that we chose, September 18, unbeknownst to us, was the exact date of the anniversary of The Fugitive Slave Act of 1850, and that gave us a feeling of, ‘This is what we’re supposed to do.’ ”
    Meanwhile, Monae insists the film is an important conversation piece following a summer of Black Lives Matter protests throughout the U.S.
    “This film highlights what black women have to deal with every single day as we carry the burden of dismantling white supremacy and systemic racism,” she adds. “This isn’t something that we should be doing, yet we are doing it. I think this film reminds us what’s at stake. If we don’t use our privilege for good to protect black lives, then we will continue to see an uprising and we will continue to lose human beings who matter.”
    “We need to continue the conversation, because through dialogue is how we get to change. If we are continuing business as usual and ignoring the past, which was channel slavery, and how it has informed all of the racist policies that we have today, then we won’t get real change.”
    “Policing even during the Civil War wasn’t meant to protect, but to terrorize; without realizing that we won’t get to the real solution to the real problem.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Jack Huston Confesses Danny Huston Convinced Him to Take Plantation Owner Role in ‘Antebellum’

    Related Posts More

  • Tom Cruise Films High Risk Stunt as 'Mission: Impossible 7' Starts Production in Norway

    Paramount Pictures

    On his first day back as Ethan Hunt, the actor is seen pulling a death-defying stunt that sees him riding a motorbike before it leaps off a massive ramp in the middle of a mountainside scenery.
    Sep 8, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Tom Cruise is always up for a new challenge when it comes to filming his action scene and he may have taken it to another level during the shooting of “Mission: Impossible VIII”. The movie production resumed on Sunday, September 6 in Norway, the lead actor was caught on camera pulling a death-defying stunt.
    In footage obtained by Norwegian news site VGTV, a man who is believed to be the Ethan Hunt depicter is seen riding a motorbike on a massive ramp in with a long drop to the bottom at the end of it in the middle of a mountainside scenery. He’s riding it on full speed before going off the ramp.
    The man waits for a while before deploying his parachute to safety, but the the motorbike doesn’t fare quite so well. For the filming of the high-risk scene, a camera-mounted helicopter and a drone camera are seen capturing the whole stunt.
    On Sunday, director Christopher McQuarrie seemed to tease the said stunt with a behind-the-scenes picture shared on his Instagram page. In the image, a man is seen standing in the middle of the said ramp. “Action…#MI7 Day 1,” he captioned it.

    “Mission: Impossible VIII” began filming earlier this year in Venice, but it was halted in February when the coronavirus pandemic hit Italy. Three weeks later, filming resumed in Surrey, England. Production took another hiatus in July, before the crew were given a permission to resume filming in England without going through the mandatory 14-day quarantine.
    For the filming in Norway, the movie officials have reportedly rented out two cruise ships in an effort to keep the cast and crew coronavirus-free. The two vessels run by Norwegian cruise line bosses at Hurtigruten serve as alternatives to hotels and allow for social distancing, in a bid to prevent any further delays to the production following the months-long shutdown.
    First assistant director Tommy Gormley has said that they hope to finish production by spring 2021. “We hope to visit all the countries we planned to and look to do a big chunk of it back in the U.K. on the backlot and in the studio, so September through to end April/May is our targets,” he shared. “We are convinced we can do this.”
    Also starring Simon Pegg, Rebecca Ferguson (II) and Vanessa Kirby, the seventh installment of the “M: I” film series which is set to arrive on November 19, 2021.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Katie Holmes Caught Passionately Locking Lips With Emilio Vitolo Jr. in Public More

  • Helen Reddy's Granddaughter Praised for Delivering Pivotal Song in Biopic

    WENN/DJDM

    Aside from talking about Lily Donat’s appearance in ‘I Am Woman’, director Unjoo Moon opens up about how she felt when she showed the film to Helen and her ex-husband Jeff Wald.
    Sep 8, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Singer and feminist icon Helen Reddy’s granddaughter appears in director Unjoo Moon’s new biopic about the star.
    Lily Donat portrays a nightclub singer in the new film, “I Am Woman”, and Moon admits she was delighted to include a member of her hero’s family in the movie.
    “It’s a beautiful moment in the film when Lily Donat appears as a nightclub singer performing the song ‘Revolution’, which was written for the film by Alex Hope, an Australian and one of the international music industry’s hottest young producers,” Moon says. “This song is an homage to the ongoing impact Helen’s song, ‘I Am Woman’, has had on generations of women.”
    Meanwhile, the filmmaker admits she was a nervous wreck when she showed the film to Helen and her ex-husband and manager Jeff Wald.
    “It was the hardest screening that I was ever going to do,” she tells WENN. “It’s their legacy. It was quite an amazing and deeply emotional experience for all of us.”
    “I think everybody was very moved by seeing their story on the screen. Not just Helen and Jeff, but their extended families as well. I told Helen early in development, ‘I can’t promise you that I’m going to get every line right, that I’m going to get every moment of your life into synchronist order (sic). There will be artistic changes for storytelling, but the one thing I can promise you is that I will really honour the spirit of your life and the spirit of what your journey has been’ – and I think we’ve really done that.”
    “I Am Woman”, which stars Tilda Cobham-Hervey as Reddy and Evan Peters as Wald, will be available on video-on-demand this weekend, September 11.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Keith Duffy Applauds Dublin Council for Proposing to Rename Park after Stephen Gately More