More stories

  • Alan Ritchson Secures Lead Role in New 'Jack Reacher' TV Series

    WENN

    The Hank Hall of DC superhero series ‘Titans’ has officially landed the main role in the upcoming drama series adapted from Lee Child’s first Jack Reacher book.
    Sep 5, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Titans star Alan Ritchson has been cast as action man Jack Reacher in a new Amazon drama series based on the character created by bestselling author Lee Child.
    Conceived by Child, the first season of the new series will be based on the first Jack Reacher novel, “The Killing Floor”.
    The character was previously portrayed in two movies by Tom Cruise and the writer has always made it clear he wasn’t thrilled with the casting because his Reacher was a much bigger guy.
    “I really enjoyed working with Cruise,” Lee said last year (19). “He’s a really, really nice guy. We had a lot of fun, but ultimately the readers are right – the size of Reacher is really, really important and it’s a big component of who he is.”
    Child will executive produce the project, alongside Nick Santora, who has adapted his book for the screen.
    Ritchson, who plays Hawk/Hank Hall on DC Universe’s “Titans”, has also appeared in “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” and the “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” movies.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Robert Downey Jr. Shuts Down ‘Black Widow’ Rumors

    Related Posts More

  • Zack Snyder's 'Army of the Dead' to Get Prequel and Anime Series Treatment From Netflix

    Netflix

    ‘Lost Vegas’ will highlight the origin story of Dave Bautista’s character with Ana de la Reguera, Tig Notaro, Omari Hardwick and Ella Purnell making an appearance on both planned projects.
    Sep 4, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Director Zack Snyder is expanding the “Army of the Dead” zombie universe with an animated series for Netflix.
    The filmmaker completed production on the film last year (19) and it seems he isn’t ready to let go of the dystopian thrill fest, which stars Dave Bautista and centers on a team of mercenaries, who brave a zombie-infested Las Vegas to carry out a heist.
    On Thursday (September 03) it was announced that a prequel and anime series, “Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas”, are in the works. The film and show will highlight the origin story of Bautista’s character.
    Ana de la Reguera, Tig Notaro, Omari Hardwick and Ella Purnell will appear in both the film and the series. Notaro replaced fellow comedian Chris D’Elia in August after he became the subject of sexual misconduct allegations.
    According to Variety, reshoots, green screens and other special effects will be used to add Notaro to the production.
    “I’m incredibly excited for the opportunity to partner with Netflix again as we expand the ‘Army of the Dead’ universe with both an international prequel, as well as exploring the visually dynamic world of animation,” Snyder said in a statement. “It’s been a great collaboration.”
    “Army of the Dead” is set to debut on Netflix in 2021.
    Snyder is also hard at work on the release of his cut of “Zack Snyder’s Justice League” for HBO Max.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Colton Dixon Recounts Moment His Baby Daughter Arrived Without a Pulse: This Is a Story of Hope More

  • New 'No Time to Die' Trailer Unveils the Villain's Evil Agenda

    [embedded content]

    Daniel Craig’s James Bond is forced to reunite with the people he has left behind for a retirement in Jamaica to stop Rami Malek’s Safin, who plans to eradicate people.
    Sep 4, 2020
    AceShowbiz – James Bond is back on a mission in a new trailer for “No Time to Die”. After the movie’s planned April release was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the marketing team is now back in full gear to promote the upcoming November release by debuting a new trailer.
    The newly-released sneak peek opens with Daniel Craig’s 007 dodging a speeding car that comes crashing at him before he reunites with Lea Seydoux’s Madeleine Swann who thinks that the villain seeks “revenge.”
    Bond also visits his foster brother and archenemy Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz), who villainized the previous installment “Spectre”, but this time they apparently face a common enemy, Safin (Rami Malek). Armed with new technology, the mysterious masked villain plans to “eradicate people to make the world a better place.”
    “You can imagine why I’ve come back to play,” says Bond, who is forced to come out of his retirement in Jamaica. There’s also footage of Lashana Lynch as the “new double-o” and Ana De Armas as a high-kicking operative in Santiago.
    Directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, “No Time to Die” also features Ben Wishaw, Naomie Harris, Jeffrey Wright, Ralph Fiennes and Rory Kinnear reprising their roles as Q, Eve Moneypenny, Felix Leiter, M and Bill Tanner, respectively. It is set to be released in the U.K. on November 12 before opening in states nationwide on November 20.
    While hosting “Saturday Night Live” in March, Craig said “No Time to Die” would be his last Bond movie after starring in five films. “This next James Bond film is going to be my last but it’s gonna be one of the best,” he said in his monologue.
    Malek, meanwhile, revealed his drew inspiration from Freddie Mercury to play his character Safin. “If I went in there and tried to make a carbon copy of someone, what joy or fun would that be for anybody? I guess that may be a lesson I learned from Mr. Mercury,” he told Empire magazine back in January.
    “If it’s not original, then why bother? I’ve pocketed some things from some of my favorites. But I tried to every day imbue this character with something I thought made sense for the character, but might also at the same time be shocking and unnerving.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Dwyane Wade’s Daughter Zaya Trolled Over Her New Wig

    Related Posts More

  • Ciera Payton to Channel Her Inner Wendy Williams in New Lifetime Biopic

    WENN/Derrick Salters/Instar

    The star of ‘Tyler Perry’s The Oval’ will star opposite Morocco Omari, who will portray the talk show queen’s ex-husband Kevin Hunter, in ‘Wendy Williams: The Hot Topic’.
    Sep 4, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “She’s Gotta Have It” star Ciera Payton has been cast as talk show queen Wendy Williams in a new TV biopic.
    She’ll partner with Morocco Omari, who will portray Williams’ ex-husband, Kevin Hunter.
    “Wendy Williams: The Hot Topic”, debuting on U.S. network Lifetime, will be executive produced by Williams and Will Packer and directed by Darren Grant, according to Deadline.
    The authorised biopic will chronicle the highs and lows of Williams’ life and career.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Chadwick Boseman Convinced He Would Beat Cancer to Film ‘Black Panther’ Sequel More

  • Tom Cruise Helps Keep 'Mission Impossible 7' Crew Coronavirus-Free by Renting Two Cruise Ships

    WENN

    The report surfaces just days after Norwegian government officials granted the production team an exemption from the nation’s 10-day quarantine requirements upon arrival in the country.
    Sep 4, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Tom Cruise has reportedly rented out two huge cruise ships to house production staff working on his latest “Mission: Impossible” blockbuster in an effort to keep them coronavirus-free.
    Filming recently shifted from the U.K. to Norway, and according to reports, movie officials have taken over two vessels run by Norwegian cruise line bosses at Hurtigruten to serve as alternatives to hotels and allow for social distancing, in a bid to prevent any further delays to the production following the months-long shutdown.
    The leases run until the end of September.
    The news emerges days after Norwegian government officials granted the production crew an exemption from the nation’s 10-day quarantine requirements upon arrival in the country.
    “Mission: Impossible VII”, directed by Christopher McQuarrie, is set for release in November 2021.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Ciera Payton to Channel Her Inner Wendy Williams in New Lifetime Biopic

    Related Posts More

  • Chadwick Boseman Convinced He Would Beat Cancer to Film 'Black Panther' Sequel

    Marvel Studios

    Until about a week before his death, the T’Challa depicter believed he would be able to gain weight and get back in shape for the production of the sequel which is slated to kick off in March 2021.
    Sep 4, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Chadwick Boseman had high hope to return for “Black Panther 2” despite battling colon cancer. According to a new report, the late actor believed that he would beat his cancer to film the sequel until about a week before his death.
    A source close to the “Marshall” star tells The Hollywood Reporter that the SAG Award-winning actor, who had become noticeably thin in recent months, was convinced that he would be able to gain weight and get back in shape for the production of the sequel which is slated to kick off in March 2021. He was even said to be ready to begin the preparation for the filming in September.
    On how Disney grapples with the shocking news of Boseman’s passing, a source says the studio is “processing the grief of losing a loved one … while having to face the economic realities of forging ahead with a billion-dollar franchise without its titular star.” The 43-year-old actor was poised to appear in other interconnected films, as he already had done in 2016’s “Captain America: Civil War”, 2018’s “Avengers: Infinity War” and last year’s blockbuster “Avengers: Endgame”.
    In honor of the late actor, Disney is said to have shifted its focus to pay tribute to Boseman and not on the making of a “Black Panther” sequel at this stage.
    As reported before, only a handful people of Boseman’s very close inner circle knew his cancer diagnosis, so the news of his death on August 28 sent shock waves through Disney and the tight-knit Marvel Cinematic Universe. As to how the T’Challa depicter was able to keep his diagnosis under wraps from the studio for years, film finance attorney Schuyler Moore says a Marvel star wouldn’t likely require a medical examination for insurance purposes.
    “Big studios don’t often [get] completion bonds,” says Moore. “They are more prevalent in the indie filmmaking world. Sometimes, the big studios will look to insure for a particular actor, but they usually have a particular reason for doing so. Otherwise, studios will just shoulder the risk [of sickness or death].”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Travis Scott ‘Couldn’t Be More Excited’ Over McDonald’s Menu Collaboration

    Related Posts More