More stories

  • 'Cuties' Director Gets 'Death Threats' for Allegedly Sexualizing Children Due to Suggestive Poster

    Netflix

    Maimouna Doucoure reveals she has received ‘numerous death threats’ following controversial poster released by Netflix to promote her coming-of-age drama.
    Sep 4, 2020
    AceShowbiz – French filmmaker Maimouna Doucoure received death threats after her coming-of-age dance drama “Cuties” launch on Netflix was advertised with an inappropriately sexualised poster.
    The film earned praise when it debuted at January’s (20) Sundance Film Festival in Utah for how it addressed the hypersexualisation of young girls, but its release was hit by controversy due to a suggestive poster of its child stars posing in their dancing outfits.
    The poster sparked a huge backlash, with an online petition associating it with paedophilia gaining more than 126,000 signatures, and Doucoure says she also received death threats from furious members of the public.
    “I received numerous attacks on my character from people who had not seen the film, who thought I was actually making a film that was apologetic about hypersexualiation of children,” she tells Deadline.com. “I also received numerous death threats.”
    The director and screenwriter found the furore all the more bizarre as she has been focusing on promoting the film, about a girl from a traditional French-African family who joins a twerking dance troupe, in France, where it is titled Migonnes.
    “I discovered the poster at the same time as the American public,” she explains. “My reaction? It was a strange experience. I hadn’t seen the poster until after I started getting all these reactions on social media, direct messages from people, attacks on me. I didn’t understand what was going on. That was when I went and saw what the poster looked like.”
    The filmmaker was backed by many who had seen her debut feature, including “Thor: Ragnarok” actress Tessa Thompson, and she says the Netflix poster was “not representative of the film and especially its message.”
    She has, however, made up with Netflix chiefs after receiving a personal apology from the streaming service’s co-CEO Ted Sarandos over the phone.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Golf Champion Rory McIlroy Welcomes First Child

    Related Posts More

  • 'The Batman' Production Under Investigation as Robert Pattinson Allegedly Falls Sick With Covid-19

    Warner Bros. Pictures

    Investigation has reportedly been launched as the production for the Caped Crusader movie comes to a screeching halt after the main actor allegedly tests positive for the killer virus.
    Sep 4, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Producers of “The Batman” are hoping cameras will roll again “very soon” after they’ve completed a thorough investigation of the COVID-19 case that closed down the set on Thursday (03Sep20).
    Unconfirmed reports suggest the Caped Crusader himself, Robert Pattinson, is the person who has tested positive for the coronavirus, and while new WarnerMedia Studios & Networks chief Ann Sarnoff insists she cannot talk about individuals linked to the project, she tells Deadline an investigation is underway to find out how health and safety guidelines put in place didn’t keep all employees from getting sick.
    “We’re still in the middle of investigating what is the situation,” she tells the outlet. “We’re pausing temporarily for now until we have more information, but we have all the protocols set up to do contact tracing and hopefully get back up into production very soon.”
    Production on “The Batman” shut down when the pandemic began in March. It started up again earlier this week (beg31Aug20) in Leavesden, England. Director Matt Reeves recently revealed he had completed a quarter of the film, which is scheduled for release in October, 2021.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Armie Hammer Gets Cozy With Rumer Willis Following Split From Wife

    Related Posts More

  • Robert Pattinson Allegedly Tests Positive for Covid-19, 'The Batman' Production Is Shut Down

    Warner Bros. Pictures

    The Caped Crusader depicter has reportedly been diagnosed with the deadly virus as the production of his comic book superhero movie is forced to close yet again.
    Sep 4, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Production on “The Batman” has stalled after someone on set tested positive for COVID-19.
    Filming only recently started up again after the coronavirus shutdown and now director Matt Reeves has been forced to close the set in Leavesden, England.
    “A member of The Batman production has tested positive for Covid-19 and is isolating in accordance with established protocols,” a Warner Bros. spokesman confirms. “Filming is temporarily paused.”
    The powers that be aren’t naming names but Vanity Fair sources claim the film’s leading man, Robert Pattinson, is the individual who is sick.
    The production initially shut down in March (20), when the quarantine lockdown began and it only began again earlier this week (beg31Aug20) with cast and crew observing strict health and safety guidelines.
    During last month’s (Aug20) DCFanDome virtual event, Reeves revealed he had completed a quarter of the movie, but he had enough for a trailer, which he introduced at the online fan convention.
    “The Batman”, starring Pattinson as the Caped Crusader, is currently scheduled to open in theatres in October, 2021.
    A spokesman for the Twilight star has yet to respond to reports he has tested positive for COVID-19.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Blanco Brown Rushed Into Emergency Surgery Following Head-On Car Crash

    Related Posts More

  • Erin Andrews Admits to Being Surprised by Her 'DWTS' Firing

    ABC

    In an interview, the 42-year-old shares that she’s just as taken aback as fans when she found out that she and Tom are going to be replaced by Tyra Banks in season 29.
    Sep 4, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Fans of “Dancing with the Stars were shocked when it was revealed that the show’s longtime host Tom Bergeron and co-host Erin Andrews wouldn’t return for upcoming season 29. Apparently, Erin herself was just as taken aback as fans over the firing.
    In an interview with Extra’s Jenn Lahmers, Erin shared that she was surprised when she found out that she and Tom were leaving the show and that Tyra Banks was tapped as the new host and executive producer. “It was a surprise,” the 42-year-old said. “I got a phone call and I answered the phone. I was like, ‘This isn’t good.’ ”
    She went on explaining that after hosting the show from 2014, she are so close with Tom and the pro dancers. “I text Tom, like once a week … and the dancers as well. That’s a family,” she shared.
    “I danced on the show and then worked on the show for so many years. I always call it a Dancing with the Stars mafia — once you’re in, it’s really hard to break away. That’s a tight-knit group,” Erin continued.
    Gushing over Tom, who hosted “Dancing with the Stars” since the show’s premiere in 2005 with several co-hosts, Erin went on to say, “Tom was my ballroom quarterback. He was that show’s ballroom quarterback. He was the end-all, be-all of that show.”
    Despite that, Erin insinuated that she has nothing but love for Tyra. “She can nail the smizing and the walking in gowns and heels, so good for her,” she said.
    ABC announced Tom and Erin’s exit in July. “Tom Bergeron will forever be part of the Dancing with the Stars family. As we embark on a new creative direction, he departs the show with our sincerest thanks and gratitude for his trademark wit and charm that helped make this show a success,” ABC and BBC Studios said in a joint statement.
    “Erin will also not be returning, and we appreciate all that she brought to the ballroom,” the statement continued. “Fans have been rooting for her since she originally competed as a contestant back in 2010, and her signature sense of humor has become a hallmark of the show.”
    Starring Carole Baskin, Nelly, Skai Jackson, AJ McLean and Kaitlyn Bristowe among others, season 29 will premiere on September 14 at 8 P.M. on ABC.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Zendaya’s Ex Jacob Elordi Interested in Dating Kaia Gerber After Spotted Dining Out Together

    Related Posts More

  • 'Below Deck Med' Captain Sandy Yawn Doesn't Regret Confronting and Firing Hannah Ferrier

    BRAVO/NBCUniversal

    Captain Sandy also shares in a new interview whether or not she’d work again with the franchise’s former chief stewardess, who was fired following expletive-filled confrontation in season 5.
    Sep 3, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Captain Sandy Yawn has broken her silence over Hannah Ferrier’s surprise exit from “Below Deck Mediterranean”. Weeks after the franchise’s former chief stewardess expressed her disappointment over her portrayal on the series, the seasoned captain confessed in a new interview that she did not regret the decision she made following an expletive-filled confrontation.
    The 55-year-old insisted that she had “no regrets” about the dismissal of the 33-year-old when speaking to E! News about season 5’s turnover rate on season 5. “Imagine walking in my shoes, it was challenging,” she stated. “The Maritime industry has a certain standard…My number one priority is the client.”
    When asked whether she would work with Hannah again, the Bravo personality admitted she was not open to working with her again.”I prefer to work with people I can trust and that’s really it, to be honest,” she explained the reason why.
    While she ruled out working with Hannah again, Sandy would be happy to have Malia White, Bugsy Drake, Robert Westergaard, Jessica More and Alex Radcliffe as part of her crew in the future. “I like mentoring people, so people who are interested in learning from me,” she pointed out.
    “I like people who are serious about their careers,” she elaborated. “Honestly, I’m there because I love what I do and I want people to work for me that love being in the Maritime industry and if they don’t, no love lost.”
    As for Hannah, the dismissed member of The Wellington crew shared her honest thought on her exit after the airing of the show’s August 17 episode. “I’m actually just really disturbed. I think especially seeing how it played out,” she told Decider at that time. “I think I’ve just been really disappointed because I feel I’m being painted as some sort of drug addict or what have you.”
    Hannah got fired by Sandy after unregistered Valium and a CBD vape pen were found in her belongings following a report by Malia. Addressing why she did not clear the medication when she brought it on the boat, she argued, “Because I’ve always had it, every year. It just wasn’t really a process that went through my mind.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Erin Andrews Admits to Being Surprised by Her ‘DWTS’ Firing More

  • Michael Rapaport and John Boyega Clash on Twitter Over the 'Star Wars' Actor's Complaint for Disney

    WENN

    The ‘Dr. Dolittle 2’ star has since come under fire after telling Boyega to ‘be grateful’ for his ‘Star Wars’ role after the latter criticized the movie studio for using his black character as a token.
    Sep 3, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Michael Rapaport and John Boyega had a short back-and-forth on Twitter as the former weighed in on the latter’s interview with GQ magazine. During the sit-down, the British actor criticized Disney for using his black character in “Star Wars” as a token and then pushing it aside, but the comedian thinks that Boyega shouldn’t complain because he was lucky enough to have done so much more than other actors are able to.
    “@JohnBoyega Yo my man you have done so much in such a short period of time. Congrats.. but you ain’t the first actor to have an un nuanced character in a Star Wars movie #beniciodeltoro,” the former “The War at Home” star tweeted on Wednesday, September 2 in response to Boyega’s claims. He added, “Welcome to show business. S**t doesn’t always go ur way.”
    Boyega caught wind of Rapaport’s tweet and was unsure if the 50-year-old really understood what he said, so he asked, “Did you read the article ? Eyes thanks for the additional name to my list though.” Rapaport responded, “Ya I read the article. That’s why I tweeted u.”
    He then doubled down on his comment that “it’s show business” and “things don’t always work out the way YOU plan. Happens to ALL of Us.” He reiterated, “Again be grateful for all u done so far which is a lot more than TONS of great actors of all races who also had roles cut down & will continue to.”
    Boyega, however, refused to take Rapaport’s suggestion, writing back, “no. Thanks though,” while adding a smile character.

    Michael Rapaport and John Boyega clashed on Twitter over the ‘Star Wars’ actor’s complaint for Disney.
    While their argument ended there, Rapaport has caught endless backlash from social media users who think that he, as a white actor, doesn’t have the right to tell Boyega to be grateful for his “Star Wars” role. One person accused him of being racist, writing, “Please block that racist POS.”
    “Always saying the most! This is a pattern….Michael is a hinderance to our community,” another called him out. A third user told Rapaport to shut up, “Being in Black films doesn’t give you a pass – mind your business.”
    “not the NON-BLACK man telling you to ‘be grateful’ okay microaggressions. change starts with calling out the problem, not accepting it for what it is,” another slammed Rapaport, before praising Boyega, “blackness is a key part to the problem. thank you for standing your ground-i applaud you.”
    In the said interview, Boyega aired out his displease with Disney for marketing the presence of a black character in the latest “Star Wars” trilogy but failing to bring Finn’s story to a satisfying conclusion. “What I would say to Disney is do not bring out a black character, market them to be much more important in the franchise than they are and then have them pushed to the side. It’s not good. I’ll say it straight up,” he said.
    He continued, “So what do you want me to say? What they want you to say is, ‘I enjoyed being a part of it. It was a great experience…’ Nah, nah, nah. I’ll take that deal when it’s a great experience. They gave all the nuance to Adam Driver, all the nuance to Daisy Ridley. Let’s be honest. Daisy knows this. Adam knows this. Everybody knows. I’m not exposing anything.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    ‘Below Deck Med’ Captain Sandy Yawn Doesn’t Regret Confronting and Firing Hannah Ferrier

    Related Posts More

  • Lili Reinhart Likens Filming 'Riverdale' Amid COVID-19 to Being a 'Prisoner'

    CBS

    The Betty Cooper depicter laments not being able to go home for Thanksgiving and visit her family when the cast and crew of The CW’s drama series resume filming of season 4 in Vancouver.
    Sep 3, 2020
    AceShowbiz – COVID-19 regulations have made the idea of returning to the “Riverdale” set less thrilling for Lili Reinhart. Weeks after getting a call back to resume the production of season 4, the actress portraying Betty Cooper on the CW series got brutally honest about her concerns as she claimed that the filming precautions made her feel like a “prisoner.”
    The 23-year-old opened up about the challenges of filming amid the coronavirus pandemic in an interview with Nylon. “I genuinely feel like a prisoner, going back to work, because I cannot leave Canada. That doesn’t feel good,” she explained why she felt conflicted about going back to work after months of production shutdown.
    “You can’t go home for Thanksgiving, can’t visit your family,” the starlett went on pointing out in the profile piece published on Wednesday, September 2. “No one can come visit you unless they quarantine for two weeks. It just feels f**ked.”
    Another of Lili’s worries was the fact that she had to get back to her shape before filming stopped back in March. “We stopped during the prom episode, so I have to fit back in that prom dress. While quarantine Five months later, we’re all going to be tan, maybe a little bit thicker,” she stated. “I certainly am.”
    The “Hustlers” actress was also anxious about having to go right into the taping of season 5 with no break in between. “I’m very lucky, but it’s like, ‘I need to keep going. I need to keep going,’ ” she voiced her frustration.
    Elsewhere in the chat, Lili, who has struggled with depression since she was 12, also spoke out about her mental health in the midst of this pandemic. “At the beginning of this pandemic, I felt very lost,” she confessed. “I felt very sad and hopeless, because of personal things that were happening in my life.”
    The ex-girlfriend of Cole Sprouse continued, “Instead of distracting myself, f****ng random people and doing drugs and drinking my problems away, I chose the harder route, which was to not distract myself. I was like, ‘I’m not doing that. I’m going to go through the next however many months of s**t, pure s**t, awful, crying every day, but the necessary work.’ ”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Michael Rapaport and John Boyega Clash on Twitter Over the ‘Star Wars’ Actor’s Complaint for Disney

    Related Posts More

  • Marie Osmond Bids 'The Talk' Adieu After Only One Season

    CBS

    CBS praises the singer and entertainer, who came in to replace co-creator Sara Gilbert, as ‘a consummate professional’ in a statement about her exit from the daily talk show.
    Sep 3, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Marie Osmond is exiting Sharon Osbourne’s daily talk show “The Talk” after just one season.
    The singer and entertainer replaced the show’s co-creator Sara Gilbert when she quit the programme last summer, and now Marie is leaving to focus on other projects, including a new show.
    “Marie is a consummate professional, and we thank her for sharing her personal experiences, insight, as well as incredible talents, with our audience,” a statement from network bosses at CBS to Deadline reads. “We will miss her humour, kindness and good nature, and wish her much success in her future endeavours.”
    Osmond’s departure comes weeks before the show returns to TV for an 11th season. Her co-hosts Eve, Carrie Ann Inaba, Osbourne, and Sheryl Underwood are all expected to return.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Trouble in Paradise? NBA Star Zach Randolph Calls Wife Faune Drake ‘H**’

    Related Posts More