More stories

  • Jack Quaid Lands New Lead Role in 'Scream 5'

    WENN

    The son of Dennis Quaid and meg Ryan has been enlisted to portray a major character for the upcoming fifth installment of the classic horror movie franchise.
    Sep 2, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan’s son, Jack Quaid, has landed the lead in the new “Scream” sequel.
    The Boys star joins a cast that includes David Arquette, Courteney Cox, and Neve Campbell, who are all reprising characters from the “Scream” franchise, Melissa Barrera and Jenna Ortega.
    Directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett, the production will shoot in Wilmington, North Carolina.

    You can share this post!

    Related Posts More

  • Johnny Depp Requests Delay of Defamation Trial to Film 'Fantastic Beasts 3'

    WENN

    The ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ actor seeks postponement to the trial for his defamation lawsuit against ex-wife Amber Heard to accommodate filming of the ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’ sequel.
    Sep 2, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Johnny Depp’s legal drama with his ex-wife Amber Heard is going to take a longer time to be settled. The actor is seeking a delay of trial for his defamation lawsuit against the “Aquaman” actress because of the upcoming production of “Fantastic Beasts 3”.
    Due to the COVID-19, filming on the David Yates-directed movie was put on hold earlier this year. Now that the British government has allowed some projects to resume filming in London with strict protocols, production on the “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” sequel is set to pick back up again starting in October and possibly extending into February 2021, conflicting with the defamation trial set to take place from January 11 to 28 next year.
    “When the Court set the current trial date in this case, Mr. Depp understood that Warner Bros. planned to shoot ‘Fantastic Beasts 3’ in London long before January 11, 2021. COVID-19 disrupted the studio’s plans, causing repeated postponements,” Depp’s lawyers says in court papers. “With conditions in London having improved somewhat, Warner Bros. has now set a shooting schedule that conflicts with the trial date in this case.”
    Depp says he was notified on August 19 that he’s called back to work from early October through mid-February. He also asks the trial to be postponed until sometime between on March and June 2021.
    “Mr. Depp would face potential liability for breach of contract should he fail to comply with the schedule contractually dictated by Warner Bros.,” states the filing. “Though Mr. Depp is eager to proceed to trial, he faces an untenable situation over which he has no control.”
    In the motion, Depp additionally argues that Heard’s recent response and $100 million counterclaim warrants a postponement. The legal papers note that the “London Fields” star has agreed to meet on September 11 to discuss the potential delay and that the proposed postponement “would not entail any prejudice to her, much less unfair prejudice” because she’s expected to film “Aquaman 2” sometime in 2021.
    Depp’s motion for the delay of the defamation trial hereby shut down rumors that the Academy Award-nominated actor and the “Magic Mike XXL” star would be fired from their respective projects. Words were Warner Bros. was considering to replace the 57-year-old actor in “Fantastic Beasts 3” and the 34-year-old actress in “Aquaman 2” due to the bad press regarding their legal drama.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    R. Kelly Attacked by Fellow Inmate While He’s Asleep, Nearly Stabbed With a Pen

    Related Posts More

  • John David Washington Had to Unlearn What He Is Used to Doing for 'Tenet' Role

    Warner Bros.

    The ‘BlacKkKlansman’ actor reveals that director Christopher Nolan instructed his stunt team to create fight scenes in reverse and asked his cast to learn to speak backwards.
    Sep 1, 2020
    AceShowbiz – John David Washington had to learn to do everything backwards for his latest role in director Christopher Nolan’s ambitious “Tenet”.
    The “BlackKklansman” star reveals Nolan instructed his stunt team to create fight scenes in reverse, while calling on his cast to learn to speak backwards.
    “I had to learn how to blink, walk, talk, fight, run, block, punch backwards and forwards…,” the former professional sportsman tells “Good Morning America”. “It was a great challenge for me having a football background, being able to unlearn what I’m used to doing.”
    “We were sort of discovering these moves together with the stunt coordinators… It was a great experience. It was taxing on the body but it was worth it for sure.”
    [embedded content]
    But learning to speak in reverse was a real head scratcher and Washington turned to an app for help.
    “You speak a line or a word into the app and it says it backwards to you and you learn how to say that…,” he adds. “Some of the best work I’ve ever seen from an actor came from Kenneth Branagh – he was also saying his lines backwards but with a Russian accent… It was insane.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Leslie Odom Jr. Takes Advantage of Technology for Sia Collaboration Amid COVID-19 Pandemic

    Related Posts More

  • Mary Fitzgerald Confirms 'Selling Sunset' Co-Star Chrishell Stause's 'DWTS' Casting

    Instagram

    This arrives after Chrishell, who has been rumored to be joining season 29 of the ABC series, was spotted at the ‘Dancing with the Stars’ studio in Los Angeles on Saturday.
    Sep 1, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “Selling Sunset” star Chrishell Stause has been rumored to be joining a new season of “Dancing with the Stars”. Now, her co-star Mary Fitzgerald appears to confirm her casting on the ABC dancing competition show.
    “I am so happy for her! I have no idea! I don’t think she’s ready to date, but maybe sometime soon,” Mary tells HollywoodLife.com about the ex of Justin Hartley. “I think she’s just so busy with work and with ‘DWTS’ and stuff like that. That girl doesn’t have time to date, she’s so busy!”
    This arrives after Chrishell was spotted at the “Dancing with the Stars” studio in Los Angeles on Saturday, August 29. That day also saw “DWTS” pro Gleb Savchenko in the building, prompting fans to assume that the two would be partnered in upcoming season 29.
    So far, AJ McLean and Kaitlyn Bristowe are the only celebrity contestants who’ve officially been confirmed. “I’ll be happy with whoever they partner me with. I just feel like they’re all incredible,” the former “The Bachelor” star said of the pro dancers back in June. “They have to be to be on that show!”
    AJ, meanwhile, broke the news on Thursday, August 27 on the photo-sharing platform. Alongside a picture of himself posing in a practice room, the “I Want It That Way” singer wrote, “I am so grateful to @dancingabc and @abcnetwork for the opportunity to be joining this season’s cast of #DWTS. I also want to thank my wife and my two girls for letting Daddy go on this new adventure. I’m doing it ALL for you! Get ready, BSB Army, this is going to be a wild ride. LET’S DO THIS!!!!!!”
    The full star lineup will be revealed Wednesday, September 2 on “Good Morning America”.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Jack Osbourne Invites His Girlfriend Aree Gearhart to Another Family Vacation

    Related Posts More

  • 'The Bachelorette': Clare Crawley Asks for Respect in New Teaser

    ABC

    Fans, however, notice that the new video doesn’t feature Tayshia Adams, who reportedly will replace Clare after she allegedly found love early in one of her suitors.
    Sep 1, 2020
    AceShowbiz – ABC has released a new promo for “The Bachelorette” season 16 featuring Clare Crawley. Shared on Monday, August 31, the video shows the 39-year-old dancing in a white gown as she’s surrounded by the show’s signature red rose petals.
    She appears to be demanding respect from the suitors. A scene of her telling off former “The Bachelor” star Juan Pablo in her first season on the show is played in the background.
    “Do you think you know me?” she told Juan at the time, adding, “I’ve been down this road before. I want respect.” Further emphasizing the message, the new teaser is set to Aretha Franklin’s “Respect”.
    Fans, however, notice that the new video doesn’t feature Tayshia Adams, who reportedly will replace Clare in the middle of her season after she allegedly found love early in one of her suitors.
    [embedded content]
    Prior to this, “The Bachelorette” announced through a poster that the new season will premiere on October 13. “Get ready Bachelor Nation! @clarecrawley’s season of #TheBachelorette premieres Tuesday, October 13th at 8|7c on ABC. It’s about time,” the show wrote on its official Instagram account. The poster featured Clare donning a silver blazer and denim pants while holding a flower.
    One thing that caught people’s attention the most was one leg that was shown in the middle part of the poster. Fans were unsurprisingly confused by the bizarre addition. Someone even joked in the comment section, “Is that Tayshia’s leg be honest.” Another fan added, “Damn ABC should of hired us for the visual design. This is just terrible blending.”
    Season 16 of the ABC dating show will be different from any preceding seasons in the franchise’s history. According to an insider, “the season will still lead with Clare and her short-lived journey, and will show Clare falling in love with one of her suitors. Clare will then conclude her journey and announce that Tayshia is the lead.”
    “Clare allegedly fell in love with one of the guys while the show’s production was delayed due to Coronavirus pandemic. One of her potential guys found a way to get in touch with her and they began talking. By the time filming officially began, they were basically already in love. No one else stood a chance. It just became so obvious from her subsequent few dates that her heart wasn’t in it and she just wasn’t feeling it. Then she said she wanted out,” the source continued.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Mary Fitzgerald Confirms ‘Selling Sunset’ Co-Star Chrishell Stause’s ‘DWTS’ Casting

    Related Posts More

  • 'Better Call Saul' Tops Poll Over Best Shows Worth Watching on TV

    AMC

    Beating out HBO’s ‘I May Destroy You’ and ‘Succession’, the ‘Breaking Bad’ spin-off is available to stream with its sixth and final season in development.
    Sep 1, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “Better Call Saul” has topped a new U.S. TV poll to find the best shows worth watching right now.
    The “Breaking Bad” spin-off, starring Bob Odenkirk and Rhea Seehorn, is currently available to stream with its sixth and final season in development.
    It beat out HBO’s “I May Destroy You”, starring and created by Michaela Coel, for the top spot, while another HBO hit, “Succession” is third in the new TV Guide countdown.
    “Evil”, dubbed “the best show on network television”, and “David Makes Man” round out the top five, while Netflix’s “Never Have I Ever”, “What We Do in the Shadows”, “Undone”, “Better Things”, and “The Good Fight” complete the top 10.
    Top 10 best shows on TV right now:
    “Better Call Saul” (AMC)
    “I May Destroy You” (HBO)
    “Succession” (HBO)
    “Evil” (CBS)
    “David Makes Man” (OWN)
    “Never Have I Ever” (Netflix)
    “What We Do in the Shadows” (FX)
    “Undone” (Amazon)
    “Better Things” (FX)
    “The Good Fight” (CBS All Access)

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Texas NBC Weather Forecaster Dies Suddenly After Saying Her ‘Brain Is Broken’ in Suicidal Post

    Related Posts More

  • Will Smith to Reunite With 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' Cast for HBO Max Special

    NBC

    Directed by Marcus Raboy, this TV event comes following news that a reboot of the classic sitcom is in the works, and will see the stars looking back on their time working on the series.
    Sep 1, 2020
    AceShowbiz – The stars of “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” are the latest cast members to reunite for a TV special.
    Will Smith, Tatyana Ali, Karyn Parsons, Joseph Marcell, Daphne Maxwell Reid, Alfonso Ribeiro and DJ Jazzy Jeff will gather 30 years after the show first premiered on NBC.
    The event will feature the stars looking back on their time working on the classic sitcom, which ran from 1990 to 1996, and feature a night of music, dancing and surprise guests. The celebration will be taped on 10 September, the exact day the show debuted and air in late November.

    Directed by Marcus Raboy, the special comes following news that a reboot of the series is in the works.
    “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” is the latest former hit show slated for a HBO Max reunion. Bosses at the streaming service have also been planning specials dedicated to the cast members of “Friends” and “The West Wing”.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Ariana Grande Hailed as ‘Queen’ by Lady GaGa for Making Instagram History

    Related Posts More