More stories

  • 'The Batman' First Teaser Trailer Shows Joker Connection and Many More

    Warner Bros. Pictures

    The first sneak peek video debuted at the virtual DC FanDome introduces a dark and moody Bruce Wayne who is a far cry from the sleek rich billionaire usually portrayed onscreen.
    Aug 23, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Director Matt Reeves gave Batman fans a real treat at the end of Saturday’s (22Aug20) DC FanDome virtual event by offering up his latest film’s first trailer.
    Devotees who stuck around to watch all seven hours of the online celebration of all things DC Comics caught sneak peeks and new trailers of upcoming attractions as well as cast panels and insider information.
    The event kicked off with a “Wonder Woman 1984” panel, featuring director Patty Jenkins and her cast, and a new teaser, and ended with Reeves answering fans questions about “The Batman”.
    As his session ended, he revealed he had only completed “25 to 30 per cent” of the film before the coronavirus crisis shut down production, but he still brought something to offer fans.
    The footage featured Robert Pattinson as the new Caped Crusader, Zoe Kravitz as a pre-Catwoman Selina Kyle and Jeffrey Wright, the latest actor to take on the role of Gotham City police boss Jim Gordon.
    There were also images of the new Batmobile and fans got the chance to hear Brit Pattinson’s best Batman voice as he told one group of bad guys, “I’m vengeance,” as they asked for his identity.
    [embedded content]
    One fan asked Reeves why he chose the “Twilight” star as his Batman, prompting the filmmaker to say, “He has the soul of someone who can play Batman,” while revealing that, like him, the Brit is a big fan of the comic book crimefighter.
    “The Batman” has resumed production in the U.K. and will hit cinemas in 2021.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Paris Hilton Claims She Was Hit and Strangled by Staff at Boarding School

    Related Posts More

  • Taryn Manning to Play Racist 'Karen' From Viral BLM Videos in New Movie

    WENN

    The ‘Orange Is the New Black’ actress has been signed on to play an entitled white woman who terrorizes her African-American neighbors in an upcoming feature film.
    Aug 23, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Taryn Manning is set to bring an entitled ‘Karen’ to the big screen.
    Karen is the stereotypical name that has become synonymous with white women seen in videos on social media being racist or acting in an entitled manner.
    And according to Movieweb, the “Orange Is the New Black” star’s character will embody a composite of the women who have been seen in the viral videos in a new feature film directed by Coke Daniels.
    Manning will reportedly play a woman named Karen White, “who believes people should stick to their own kind.” She’s also described as a “racist, entitled white woman in the South who terrorises her new African-American neighbours,” supporters of Black Lives Matter, in a bid to get them to move.
    Daniels is the filmmaker behind the 2007 mockumentary movie “Gangsta Rap: A Glockumentary”. The comedy followed a trio of rappers inspired by the famous rap group N.W.A hoping to make a big musical comeback. More recently, he directed the romantic comedy “His, Hers & the Truth”, which starred Terri J. Vaughn, Dorien Wilson, and Ashani Roberts.
    In “OITNB”, Manning played Tiffany ‘Pennsatucky’ Doggett, a character she described as “racist, homophobic” and “horrible” in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
    “Everything that I’m not is what she was, so it was very tough,” the 41-year-old told the publication last year.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Katy Perry Uses Music to Show Her Relationship With Orlando Bloom Is Not Always Perfect

    Related Posts More

  • Joseph Gordon-Levitt Talks About What It Means to Play Cop in Post-George Floyd World

    WENN

    The ‘Dark Night Rises’ actor says playing cop onscreen means something different following the worldwide Black Lives Matter movement to fight racial injustice.
    Aug 23, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Joseph Gordon-Levitt has changed his attitude to playing police officers following the death of George Floyd at the hands of cops in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
    The death of the unarmed Floyd, after an officer knelt on him during an arrest, and that of Breonna Taylor, who was shot during a no-knock alleged drugs raid, sparked Black Lives Matter protests across the world.
    Gordon-Levitt, who played a police officer, Robin, in “The Dark Knight Rises”, as well as in new Netflix film “Project Power”, says he’s now much more ambivalent about portraying cops.
    “It means something different to be playing a police officer now than it did in 2018,” he tells The Guardian. “But, on the other hand, it’s nothing new at all. These same exact tragedies have been happening my entire life.”
    The star says he believes police should be held responsible for their actions, but also perhaps need to not be sent into situations where armed law enforcement isn’t needed.
    “There are these situations when individuals in the police force do awful, terrible, unspeakable things that they need to be held responsible for, but maybe cops are assigned to handle too wide a variety of things,” he adds. “Maybe in a lot of cases it would make more sense for a social worker to show up instead of a guy with a gun.”
    Explaining why he felt the need to address the issue, he continues, “I feel somewhat responsible to make my opinion clear now that I’m playing a police officer in a big movie that’s coming out.”
    “Project Power” is available on Netflix now.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Taryn Manning to Play Racist ‘Karen’ From Viral BLM Videos in New Movie

    Related Posts More

  • Taraji P. Henson and Lee Daniels Tapped for Oscars' Online Diversity Dialogues

    Instagram

    The upcoming livestream event tackling the diversity issues at the Academy Awards will also feature Whoopi Goldberg and ‘Moonlight’ screenwriter Tarell Alvin McCraney.
    Aug 23, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Taraji P. Henson and Lee Daniels are among the stars who will appear in a series of Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences YouTube panels discussing race annd gender in filmmakers.
    The “Academy Dialogues: It Starts With Us” has been launched following a July (20) panel featuring Whoopi Goldberg and activist lawyer Bryan Stevenson, and will feature virtual panels for members and the public, as a part of its Academy Aperture 2025 equity and inclusion initiative.
    As well as Henson and “The Butler” filmmaker Daniels, the events will also feature the likes of Delroy Lindo, producers Lisa Cortes and Debra Martin Chase, writer Tarell Alvin McCraney, and director Lulu Wang.
    The Academy’s Executive Vice President for Member Relations and Awards, Lorenza Munoz, says “With our ‘Academy Dialogues’ series, the Academy is creating a space for our members – and the public – to talk about inclusion in a way that is timely, relevant and allows for a meaningful exchange on how to bring systemic change to Hollywood.”
    “These conversations may be uncomfortable for some, but they are necessary to broaden the stories that are getting told and increase opportunities for those who have been excluded.”
    The next panel will take place on 27 August, with Daniels and “Moonlight” screenwriter McCraney among those discussing what it’s like to be black and gay in the film industry. Henson and Lindo will take part in a town hall focused on the Academy’s Black membership and the challenges to representation and inclusion in the industry next month (Sep20).
    Other discussions in the series, which runs until October include a panel on the erasure of Latinos in Hollywood, gender parity, colour-conscious casting, as well as the challenges faced by indigenous and Asian filmmakers.
    All the panels will be available on the Oscars YouTube channel – with the first dialogue featuring Goldberg and Stevenson, made available to watch on Thursday (20Aug20).

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus Moved to Tears by Joe Biden as He Reached Out After Her Cancer Diagnosis

    Related Posts More

  • Tracee Ellis Ross Not Too Engrossed With Emmy Nomination

    WENN

    The ‘Black-ish’ actress keeps her latest nomination at the Primetime Emmy Awards in the back of her mind as she’s too busy with catching on house chores during lockdown.
    Aug 23, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Tracee Ellis Ross is relishing the opportunity to get hands-on around her home as she enjoys some much-needed downtime during lockdown.
    The screen star tells Variety she’s rarely in her own house as she’s always on set or attending work events – so the COVID-19 crisis has been the perfect opportunity to catch up on some chores.
    “I love this part of my life,” she smiles. “I never get to do it – the cooking, cleaning, the being tethered to my own experience. I’m usually running through the house scarfing food down while I’m doing 17 other things.”
    Ross found out last month (Jul20) she’d scooped her fourth Primetime Emmy Award nomination for her portrayal of Rainbow Johnson in hit ABC show “Black-ish”, which tackles issues affecting the black community, but her mind wasn’t focused on the big accolade.
    “My attention is on other things, like changing my sheets and mopping my floor,” the down to earth star admitted. “I like everything just so, and that requires a lot of attention.”
    And while “The High Note” star might be a domestic goddess when no one’s watching, she’s keen to ensure such tasks are fairly divided when the subject comes up on screen, telling the Los Angeles Times’ “Can’t Stop Watching” podcast, “I don’t believe they’re ‘lady chores.’ I believe they’re house chores.”
    “I believe every relationship is a negotiation between two people about what each of them feel comfortable doing, and I think the more that we portray that on television, the more that that becomes the reality out in the world, or matches the reality that the world actually is,” she added.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Taraji P. Henson and Lee Daniels Tapped for Oscars’ Online Diversity Dialogues

    Related Posts More

  • 'I Love Lucy' Stars Lucille Ball and Vivian Vance Named Best TV Pals

    CBS

    The CBS classic sitcom tops the list of the best television friends, beating ‘Laverne and Shirley’ as well as ‘Saturday Night Live’ BFFs Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
    Aug 23, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “I Love you Lucy” ‘s Lucy Ricardo and Ethel Mertz have topped a new poll to find the best TV friends.
    The pair, played by Lucille Ball and Vivian Vance, beat out “Laverne & Shirley” to top the Gold Derby countdown.
    Announcing the top pick, a website spokesman writes, “The best friendships are timeless. Sixty years after the premiere of this groundbreaking show, if you say ‘Lucy and Ethel’, most everyone will know exactly who you’re talking about: the zany redhead and her loyal sidekick… Even though the two fight at times to the point where it seems their friendship is done for, they always make up. And keep us laughing all these years later.”
    “Scrubs” pals Dr. J.D. Dorian and Dr. Chris Turk, played by Zach Braff and Donald Faison, come in third, while “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” ‘s Mary Richards and Rhoda Morgenstern place fourth, and former “Saturday Night Live” regulars Tina Fey and Amy Poehler complete the top five.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Prince Harry Praises Queen Elizabeth During Video Call Appearance With Meghan Markle More

  • 'The Masked Singer Australia' Shut Down as Dancer Falls Ill and Tests Positive for Covid-19

    Network 10

    The production of the all-star singing competition has been suspended and the judges as well as host are advised to self-quarantine due to coronavirus outbreak among dancers.
    Aug 23, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “The Masked Singer Australia” has been forced to shut down production after seven dancers on the show tested positive for Covid-19.
    According to Australia’s The Herald Sun newspaper, stars of the hit Network 10 reality series, including judges singer Dannii Minogue, radio personality Jackie ‘O’ Henderson, and comedian Dave Hughes, and host Osher Gusnberg have all been told to self-isolate.
    One dancer reportedly arrived at the set ill on Friday (21Aug20) and was told by producers to go home immediately and get tested for coronavirus. Another six are believed to have tested positive.
    A Network 10 spokesman told the publication, “Production of The Masked Singer has been immediately suspended as a result of several crew members receiving a positive test result for COVID-19.”
    “The health and safety of the community, and our staff and production partners is our number one priority.”
    “The entire production team, including the masked singers, the host and panellists are now in self-isolation. They are all being monitored closely and are in constant contact with medical authorities.”
    “Network 10 is working closely with the Victorian Government and the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services. Network 10 is providing all crew with all the support and assistance possible.”
    The Covid-19 shutdown came the night of the show’s grand final.
    Officials at the Department of Health and Services advised producers to shut down the Docklands set in Melbourne.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Former Red Hot Chili Peppers Guitarist Jack Sherman Passes Away at 64

    Related Posts More

  • David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson Reunite to Do 'X-Files' Theme Song Remix for Charity

    FOX

    The idea of putting lyrics to composer Mark Snow’s instrumental was devised by executive producer Frank Spotnitz with fans Jennifer Large and Rebecca McDonald winning its songwriting competition.
    Aug 22, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “The X-Files” stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson have reunited for a special charity remix of the spooky show’s classic theme tune.
    The actors joined forces again virtually to rehash composer Mark Snow’s theme with fan-written lyrics as part of a scheme devised by executive producer Frank Spotnitz.
    “During lockdown (coronavirus self-quarantine) I really wanted to find a way to do something positive, and we had a rare opportunity to get The X-Files gang back together, so we hit upon this idea of putting lyrics to the theme tune, which had never been done before,” Frank tells Variety.
    Fans Jennifer Large and Rebecca McDonald won a songwriting competition to come up with lyrics for the instrumental, and 33 members of the original cast and crew from “The X-Files” showed up online for a virtual group rendition of the remix, dubbed “Songs in the Key of X”, which can now be viewed on YouTube.
    [embedded content]
    “It has been quite an amazing and amusing ride to put together this complex project and we’re honoured that so many of our wonderful cast members and team have taken part,” Spotnitz adds. “It’s been a real joy to reunite virtually with our friends and former colleagues, and we hope not only to bring a smile to many people, but also to help a worthwhile cause.”
    All proceeds from “Songs in the Key of X” will benefit World Central Kitchen, a charity that battles poverty and hunger, and provides hot meals to the needy in crisis-hit communities.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Lance Bass and Husband’s Struggles to Have Child Continue After Losing Surrogate More