More stories

  • 'The One and Only Ivan' Collects PETA Awards for Its CGI Use to Depicts Animals

    Walt Disney Pictures

    The Disney Plus film, which stars Angelina Jolie and Danny DeVito, revolves around a gorilla and an elephant held captive at a shopping mall, and premieres on the streaming service on August 21.
    Aug 20, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Angelina Jolie and Danny DeVito’s new Disney film, “The One and Only Ivan”, has picked up a major prize for its use of computer-generated animals.
    The movie – about a gorilla and an elephant held captive at a shopping mall – premieres on the Disney+ streaming service on Friday, August 21, and PETA bosses are saluting the filmmakers for not exploiting animals.
    “This is a story about liberation; you can’t tell that story by exploiting real animals,” “The One and Only Ivan” screenwriter and longtime PETA supporter Mike White says. “CGI is the only humane way to depict animals, and one look at Ivan’s face proves that we didn’t lose an ounce of realism.”
    “Countless wild animals just like (gorilla) Ivan and (elephant) Ruby are trapped behind bars in Hollywood training compounds, in circuses, and at roadside zoos across the country,” says PETA senior vice president Lisa Lange. “PETA thanks Disney for shining a spotlight on their suffering and showing filmmakers how to tell important stories about animals without exploiting them.”

    PETA bosses have bestowed the Free the Animals Award on Disney and the filmmakers. The animal rights group previously recognised the use of CGI to portray animals in The Jungle Book, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Walking Dead, and Noah, among other productions.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    ‘Married to Medicine’ Star Dr. Heavenly Confused on Why Quad Goes Off on Her Over Emojis More

  • 'The Batman' Expected to Resume Filming in U.K. in September

    Twitter

    The crew and cast members of the new Caped Crusader movie are expected to return on set in U.K. in September, months after the production was halted due to Covid-19.
    Aug 20, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Robert Pattinson will be back in his superhero cape and cowl next month (Sep20) as production on “The Batman” resumes in the U.K. following the coronavirus shutdown.
    Director Matt Reeves was forced to halt filming in March (20) as the COVID-19 crisis became a pandemic, but with many lockdown restrictions lifted, the cast and crew are preparing to head back to work at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden in early September, according to Variety.
    Sources claim Reeves has about three months of footage still to shoot, meaning he could possibly wrap production by the end of the year.
    Studio representatives have declined to comment on the production speculation, but the coronavirus delay had already prompted Warner Bros. officials to push back the blockbuster’s June 2021 release by just over three months.
    It is currently scheduled to hit U.S. theatres on 1 October, 2021.
    “The Batman” will mark Pattinson’s debut as the titular DC Comics superhero, taking over the coveted role from Ben Affleck.
    The movie will also feature Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman and Paul Dano as The Riddler, alongside fellow castmembers Jeffrey Wright, John Turturro, Peter Sarsgaard, Andy Serkis, and Colin Farrell.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    August Alsina Determined to Be Good Example as He Takes Guardianship of Orphaned Nieces

    Related Posts More

  • Chris Pratt No Longer Travels to Malta for 'Jurassic World' Filming Due to Covid-19 Surge

    Universal Pictures

    The ‘Jurassic World: Dominion’ director has been forced to be scale back the filming in the Mediterranean because of coronavirus concerns as local cases increase.
    Aug 20, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “Jurassic World: Dominion” director Colin Trevorrow is to scale back his shoot in Malta due to crew members contracting the coronavirus.
    Local reports claimed last week (end9Aug20) that four “Jurassic World” crew members tested positive for Covid-19 while on the Mediterranean island and are now self-isolating.
    Malta has seen an increase in coronavirus cases this month, to 600, with officials in the U.K., where “Jurassic World” main shoot is taking place, adding the country to its list of nations from which arrivals must quarantine for 14 days, and Maltese officials closing bars and limiting public gatherings.
    A representative of the film’s studio tells Deadline.com that Trevorrow has decided only the second unit team will shoot on the island.
    “Jurassic World: Dominion will have a significant presence in Malta with a second unit crew shooting there from the end of August through to September,” they say.
    “Working with an abundance of caution as we have done throughout this production, first unit will no longer shoot in Malta to keep our presence on the ground to a minimum. We’d like to thank the Maltese Government and Film Commission for all their support and we look forward to a successful shoot in this beautiful country.”
    Studio sources say around 200 crewmembers will still be shooting, with local workers bringing those involved up to a 1,000. However, stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Sam Neill will no longer travel to the Mediterranean.
    The $200 million (£151 million) movie was the first blockbuster to return to production after global Covid-19 lockdowns, with Universal chiefs spending millions of dollars on extensive testing and safety measures.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Tracee Ellis Ross Refuses to Do ‘Lady Chores’ on ‘Black-ish’ as She’s Fighting Gender Stereotypes

    Related Posts More