More stories

  • 'Squidbillies' Fires Stuart Baker for 'Extremely Offensive' Comments About Dolly Parton

    WENN

    The actor/comedian, who is also known as Unknown Hinson, sparks outrage after throwing shade on Facebook at Dolly Parton over her support for the Black Lives Matter Movement.
    Aug 18, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Adult Swim animated series “Squidbillies” has taken an action regarding controversy involving one of its stars, Stuart Baker a.k.a. Unknown Hinson. The show announced on Sunday, August 16 that Stuart’s been fired after he made offensive remarks regarding Black Lives Matter.
    Taking to Twitter, series creators Jim Fortier and Dave Willis wrote, “We’re aware of the extremely offensive and derogatory social media posts made late last week by Stuart D. Baker. The views he expressed do not reflect our own personal values or the values of the show that we and many others have worked hard to produce over the past 15 years. For those reasons, production of Squidbillies will continue without Mr. Baker, effective immediately.”

    ‘Squidbillies’ fires Stuart Baker over controversial remarks about BLM.
    Stuart voiced main character Early Cuyler ever since “Squidbillies” premiered in 2005. The animated show, which was renewed for a thirteenth season last year, is one of the longest-running shows on Adult Swim alongside “Robot Chicken”.
    The actor/comedian sparked outrage after throwing shade at Dolly Parton over her support for the Black Live Matter Movement in an interview with Billboard. Writing in a now-deleted Facebook post, Stuart said, “So, now this freak titted, old Southern bimbo is a BLM Lover? Remember, s**t, Rednecks made you a Millionaire!”
    In the said interview, the “9 to 5″ hitmaker” said, “I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen. And of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white a**es are the only ones that matter? No!”
    Apparently taking the heat from Dolly’s fans, Stuart later clapped back at his haters as writing in another post, “Yeah leave. Leave Liberals! Unfriend me, please. Because I don’t want you UN-AMERICANS around! Have fun becoming an Eloi or something without a thought of your own where you bow down to the ALL-KNOWING-MINORITY! HAVE FUN forsaking your own race, culture and heritage. Have a nice time!”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Angelina Jolie Feels Blessed to Have All Her Children at Home During Pandemic More

  • Carole Baskin Seeks to Get $1.2M for Participation in 'Tiger King' Season 2

    Netflix

    The first season of ‘Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness’ clawed its way to the top of Netflix’s viewing charts with an impressive combined audience of 64 million worldwide in its first month.
    Aug 18, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Carole Baskin is allegedly demanding a $1.2 million (£1 million) fee to take part in a second season of hit Netflix show “Tiger King”.
    Baskin was one of the subjects of the docuseries “Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness”, which followed zoo owner Joe Exotic as he was convicted of plotting to kill the animal rights activist and also explored rumours that she was involved with the disappearance of her wealthy ex-husband, who was legally declared dead in 2002.
    While Exotic is said to have jumped on board after Netflix reportedly secured the rights to a second series of the show, Baskin has yet to sign on the dotted line – according to Britain’s The Sun newspaper – and is reportedly negotiating a hefty fee.
    “Carole is asking for a seven-figure sum,” a source told the publication. “It’s around the $1.2 million mark. She wants to plough it into her Florida sanctuary, Big Cat Rescue.”
    “Taking part in ‘Tiger King’ opened up her private life and she wants to make sure it’s worth her while.”
    The first season of “Tiger King” clawed its way to the top of Netflix’s viewing charts with an impressive combined audience of 64 million worldwide in its first month on the streaming platform.
    Several spin-offs, including a reported movie, a TV series starring “Saturday Night Live” star Kate McKinnon, and an Investigation Discovery channel sequel are all said to be in the works following the success of the show.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Kylie Jenner on Being Accused of Calling Herself ‘Brown Skinned Girl’: It’s Photoshopped

    Related Posts More

  • Miley Cyrus Ready to Put on 'Hannah Montana' Wig Once Again for Revived Show

    WENN

    Though so, the ‘Midnight Sky’ singer jokes in a radio interview that her teen pop character was ‘stuck in 2008’ and would need a makeover before she’s ready to make her comeback.
    Aug 18, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Miley Cyrus is keen to reprise her career-making role of Hannah Montana for a new series of the Disney Channel TV show.
    The 27-year-old singer/actress, who released her latest single “Midnight Sky” on Friday (August 14), told radio show “Carolina With Greg T in the Morning” she still has the wig and is raring to go on a new season.
    “You know what honestly, I try to put that wig on all the time,” the star, who is newly single following her split from Australian singer Cody Simpson, quipped.
    “She’s just in storage collecting dust and I’m ready to whip her out. The opportunity will present itself. I definitely would like to resurrect her at some point.”
    Miley joked that Hannah – the teenage pop star who keeps her identity secret from even her closest friends by using a disguise onstage – was “stuck in 2008” and would need a makeover before she’s ready to make her comeback – almost 10 years after the show ended.
    [embedded content]
    “I’d love to do a series again. I think it would be hard for me to get locked into a sound stage for a couple years, but that’s sometime in the future and hopefully I’m directing it,” the “Malibu” hitmaker teased.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Carole Baskin Seeks to Get $1.2M for Participation in ‘Tiger King’ Season 2

    Related Posts More

  • Ellen DeGeneres Apologizes After 3 Executive Producers Are Fired From Talk Show

    Warner Bros.

    While Ed Glavin, Kevin Leman and Jonathan Norman are ousted from the daytime talk show, DJ Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss has been promoted to be co-executive producer.
    Aug 18, 2020
    AceShowbiz – An internal investigation by WarnerMedia on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” following toxic work environment allegations results in the firing of three of the show’s top producers. It has been reported by Variety that Ed Glavin, Kevin Leman and Jonathan Norman have “parted ways” with the daytime talk show.
    The news was delivered to staffers in an emotional video conference on Monday, August 17. During the call, host Ellen DeGeneres allegedly issued another apology amid the damning accusations leveled at the show and herself.
    Admitting that she “wasn’t perfect,” Ellen said, “I’m a multi-layered person, and I try to be the best person I can be and I try to learn from my mistakes.” She went on saying, “I’m hearing that some people felt that I wasn’t kind or too short with them, or too impatient. I apologize to anybody if I’ve hurt your feelings in any way.”
    A source also told PEOPLE that the 62-year-old TV personality “was emotional, she was emphatic about making it better and making herself more available. She acknowledged she can be introverted at times and she apologized if that was ever seen as hurtful.”
    “They’re putting in real structures and resources for people so this never happens again and that is extremely important to Ellen. She was emotional seeing everybody. They’re family,” the source continued.
    Another source, meanwhile, claimed that Ellen told the staff that “she’s been dying to see them, that she couldn’t because of the investigation and she really wanted them to hear from her that this is a reset, things are changing and things are going to be better moving forward. And she’s committed to that.”
    While Leman, Galvin and Norman were ousted from the show, DJ Stephen “tWitch” Boss is promoted to be co-executive producer. Variety also reported that executive producers Andy Lassner, Mary Connelly and Derek Westervelt still remain on the show.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Cardi B Surprises Megan Thee Stallion With Birkin Bag After ‘WAP’ No. 1 Debut

    Related Posts More

  • Simon Cowell Plans to Film 'Britain's Got Talent' Special After Breaking Back in Bike Accident

    WENN

    Despite reports indicating he faced gruelling weeks of recovery until he can walk again, the ‘America’s Got Talent’ judge is said to have been already up and about by fellow judge Heidi Klum.
    Aug 18, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Simon Cowell is reportedly planning to return to TV after breaking his back with a “Britain’s Got Talent” special this autumn.
    The entertainment mogul injured himself by falling off an electric bike at his home in Malibu, California – with initial reports indicating he faced gruelling weeks of recovery until he can walk again, meaning he is missing his U.S. show, “America’s Got Talent”.
    However, fellow “AGT” judge Heidi Klum has said he is already up and about, and the star is already apparently plotting his TV return by filming a 60-minute “BGT” special being filmed in London.
    A source tells British newspaper The Sun, “Simon is a total workaholic and even an accident as nasty as his won’t keep him off for long. He’s been working from his home in Los Angeles since the accident happened and is in contact with his team.”
    “The plans for this one-off special of ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ have been in the pipeline for months and he is convinced he will be well enough to take his place on the panel.”
    “The show will feature some of the best talent from the start of the series in 2007. Simon has been told to take it easy but he much prefers to be busy. Plus he loves working on ‘BGT’, so for him it’s something to look forward to.”
    The new special will reportedly be filmed in October, and will air as part of U.K. network ITV’s festive schedule.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion Score Hot 100’s Biggest Digital Opening Week With ‘WAP’

    Related Posts More

  • Scott Disick Appears to Accuse the Kardashians for Rehab Photo Leak in 'KUWTK' Promo

    Instagram

    In a new teaser for second half of ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’ season 18, the ex-partner of Kourtney Kardashian seemingly confronts Kris Jenner and her children during a video conference call.
    Aug 18, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Kourtney Kardashian’s baby daddy Scott Disick turned on his ex’s family after news of his most recent rehab stay hit headlines, accusing the reality TV clan of purposefully leaking the news.
    Disick threatened legal action in May after details of his treatment at the All Points North Lodge in Colorado and a photo of him at the facility were published in the press, prompting the father of three to immediately check out of the centre and return to Los Angeles.
    In a new teaser for the second half of “Keeping Up with the Kardashians”‘ season 18, Disick appears to confront Kourtney’s mum, Kris Jenner, sisters Kim Kardashian and Khloe Kardashian, and brother Rob Kardashian in a video conferencing call.
    “I don’t trust anybody here,” he declares in the promo.
    “There couldn’t have been a bigger betrayal. She leaked me being there to the press,” Disick adds, although it’s unclear who he was referring to in the family discussion.
    The trailer also features footage of the famous family dealing with the coronavirus pandemic, with Kim sharing her fears for Khloe’s health after falling seriously ill.
    “I’m super worried that Khloe is so sick,” she says, as another scene shows the mother of one undergoing a COVID-19 test.
    [embedded content]
    Cameras also capture Khloe isolating at her Los Angeles home with her ex Tristan Thompson, with whom she shares daughter True, and Kim and Kourtney scrambling to catch a flight out of Paris, France after attending Kanye West’s fashion show in the city in early March.
    “Paris might go on lockdown,” Kim says frantically at the end of the promo. “We’re going to have to leave Kourtney!”.
    The new episodes of “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” debut on September 17.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Dissing YFN Lucci? Reginae Carter Declares She’s Done ‘Dating N***as With Kids’

    Related Posts More

  • Anne Heche Implies Ellen DeGeneres at Fault Over Ex-Staffers' Toxic Workplace Claims

    WENN

    The ‘Gracie’s Choice’ actress, who dated the TV host from 1997 to 2000, has weighed in on the accusations against her ex-girlfriend despite admitting that they haven’t been in touch for years.
    Aug 18, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Actress Anne Heche has suggested the disgruntled former staffmembers accusing her ex-girlfriend Ellen DeGeneres of running a toxic workplace may be telling the truth.
    Throughout the coronavirus lockdown, Ellen has been dragged through the media for the way she and her producers allegedly treat TV employees, and she recently apologised for allowing such a culture of bullying, misconduct, and harassment to exist on set – but that hasn’t stopped the stories of negative experiences from continuing to hit headlines.
    Ellen’s wife, actress Portia de Rossi, and celebrity friends like Katy Perry, Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Hart have spoken out in the talk show titan’s defence, but now the comedienne’s former girlfriend, Heche, is weighing in on the scandal.
    In an interview with Mr. Warburton magazine, Heche insists the exes haven’t been in touch, but indicates there must be something to the mountain of allegations for it to create such a controversy.
    “I haven’t spoken to Ellen in years. I’d listen to the people who have,” the 51-year-old said.
    Heche continued, “If I’m standing someplace and I don’t like what’s going on there and I stay there, it’s my fault. So what are the actions that got me there and why can’t I get out of it easily if that’s not something that I want to be engaged in?”
    “Ellen is standing where she walks, and that is hers to continue that journey.”

    Heche dated DeGeneres from 1997 to 2000, shortly after the funnywoman publicly came out as a lesbian, and although they both suffered backlash in their personal and professional lives, the “Donnie Brasco” star has no regrets about the relationship, calling it “a beautiful part” of her life.
    DeGeneres went on to wed de Rossi in 2008.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Scott Disick Appears to Accuse the Kardashians for Rehab Photo Leak in ‘KUWTK’ Promo

    Related Posts More

  • 'This Is Us' Is Set to 'Attack' Coronavirus in Season 5

    NBC

    Through his Twitter post, series creator Dan Fogelman also responds to a fan’s question regarding when the NBC family drama will go back to production for the upcoming season.
    Aug 17, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “This Is Us” creator Dan Fogelman has answered one of the most frequently asked questions regarding the show’s storyline. Through his Twitter post on Sunday, August 16, Fogelman revealed whether or not the NBC drama would tackle COVID-19 in its present-day storylines.
    “Yes on Covid,” he wrote on the blue bird app, adding, “We’ve decided to attack things head on. Very proud of @ThisIsUsWriters.” “This Is Us” will join other TV shows, including “Grey’s Anatomy”, that incorporate COVID-19 into their forthcoming seasons. Coronavirus pandemic, however, didn’t seem to change the planned ending as Fogelman noted that it will have the “same planned ending. Same route to get there.”
    As to questions regarding when the show will go back to production, Fogelman responded, “Not sure yet on production start.” He’s also “not sure when new eps will air.”

    Series creator Dan Fogelman responded to a fan’s questions.
    Meanwhile, star Sterling K. Brown talked on Deadline’s “Contenders” about season 4 finale cliffhanger involving his character Randall Pearson and his brother Kevin (Justin Hartley). Despite having a sibling spat, the pair were seen having a special moment with their mother Rebecca (Mandy Moore) in a flashforward.
    “The relationship has been complicated from the beginning,” Sterling explained on Sunday. “They will continue like a yo-yo — will come apart and together, apart and together.”
    The Emmy-winning actor went on to say, “I think by the time we reach that point in the future, there are other things on their minds that they are able to focus on to put aside whatever differences they have. But for the next two or however many seasons we’re around, I think you’ll continue to see these brothers fray and then resolve, fray and resolve.”
    Phylicia Rashad, who plays Randall’s mother-in-law Carol Clarke, also discussed the mysterious depths of her character. “I wanted to bring credibility to Carol,” she said. “I wanted her to have a certain quality, or understatement, because she’s not a person who’s given to overt expressions and she’s very reserved. And yet she carries so much feeling, she carries so much emotion.”
    “It’s just that in her life, from early on, she has been reared and developed to hold that in as opposed to letting it out. So what happens inside a person when that happens? How do you live with that, and how do you channel that? And if it seeps out-and it would have to seep out-how does that feel? There’s just [so many] layers [to her],” the actress, who earns an Emmy nomination for the role, added.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Rapper Scotty Cain Loses 20 Teeth in Gang Beating Connected to NBA Youngboy

    Related Posts More