More stories

  • Brandy Believes It Is 'Crucial' for 'Moesha' Reboot to Happen Right Now

    Instagram

    The singer-and-actress, who played the titular teen for six seasons until 2001, confirms she is in advanced talks to revive the beloved 1990s sitcom on the heels of a successful Netflix revival.
    Aug 15, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Brandy has confirmed she is in advanced talks to revive her beloved 1990s sitcom “Moesha”.
    The singer-and-actress played the titular teen for six seasons until 2001 on the small screen, and now that the show has seen a successful revival on Netflix this month, television bosses are very keen to make a reboot.
    “I am in talks right now with the right people for that to happen,” Brandy told Entertainment Tonight. “I don’t see it not happening because of the success on Netflix. It just makes sense. I mean, I wanted to see what ‘Moesha’ was up to.”
    Amid the Black Lives Matter movement, Brandy feels passionate that “Moesha” will spread a positive message.
    “We need to see that. We need to see a black family,” she stressed. “I think that’s crucial right now, and it was crucial then.”
    As talks on the reboot advance, Brandy, 41, is taking a walk down memory lane by rewatching episodes of “Moesha” on Netflix with her 18-year-old daughter, Sy’Rai.
    “I am so blown away by that,” she gushed. “I was braiding my daughter’s hair the other day, and she wanted to watch the episode where ‘Moesha’ met Brandy, me.”
    “I don’t really have a lot of memory of ‘Moesha’ because I was so young and it was happening so fast. So to be able to watch it with my daughter is just so special for me.”
    [embedded content]
    “Moesha” is currently streaming on Netflix as part of the platform’s Strong Black Lead collection.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Ed Sheeran’s Name Used in Fake Testimonial to Lure Victims Into Online Investment Scam

    Related Posts More

  • Will Smith's Production Company Forced to Shut Down Filming After COVID-19 Outbreak

    Instagram

    Westbrook Inc. officials have confirmed 10 of their Los Angeles-based employees were diagnosed with the novel coronavirus, before stating that retesting results came back negative.
    Aug 15, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Will Smith’s efforts to get his production company back up and running have suffered a setback after a group of staffmembers tested positive for the coronavirus.
    Westbrook Inc. officials have confirmed 10 Los Angeles-based employees were diagnosed with COVID-19 last week (ends August 09), causing filming on one of their projects to be shut down.
    However, they stopped short of identifying the project in question, and claim all affected staffers have since tested negative – although the difference in results within just a few days raises questions about the validity of the tests used.
    “We received 10 positive tests and the crew members quarantined and remain in quarantine,” they told Variety.
    “All 10 people were retested and have received negative results. We will continue to follow all official guidelines and safety protocols.”
    Smith runs Westbrook Inc. with his wife, actress Jada Pinkett Smith. It serves as the parent firm for the action man’s film production company, Overbrook Entertainment, through which the “Independence Day” star is developing “King Richard”, a biopic in which he will portray Richard Williams, the father of tennis superstars Venus Williams and Serena Williams.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Rick Ross’ Baby Mama Briana Camille Debuts Their Newborn Baby

    Related Posts More

  • Sara Haines Returning to 'The View' as Co-Host

    Instagram

    The 42-year-old TV personality is no stranger to the Hot Topics table as she previously joined the show as one of the co-hosts for two seasons from the fall of 2016 through the summer of 2018.
    Aug 15, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Sara Haines is back to “The View”! The 42-year-old TV personality is set to return to the ABC morning talk show as a co-host for season 24 in September, according to Variety. She is said to be filling in the empty seat following Abby Huntsman’s exit in January.
    Sara is no stranger to the Hot Topics table. She previously joined the show as one of the co-hosts for two seasons from the fall of 2016 through the summer of 2018. She also frequently made guest appearances on the show. In upcoming season 24, Sara will be joining Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Sunny Hostin and the show’s only conservative co-host Meghan McCain.
    Sara previously left “The View” to co-host “Good Morning America Day” with Michael Strahan. The now-canceled show was later dubbed “GMA3: Strahan and Sara” before eventually changing to “Strahan, Sara & Keke” after Keke Palmer joined them. ABC announced that it pulled the plug on the show in March.
    During Keke’s recent appearance on “Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen”, she shared that the decision was “expected.” She explained, “Here’s the thing, when the pandemic hit, that’s what became all on our mind, was the pandemic – corona, understanding COVID. So I kind of knew that, if our show did come back, it would have to be much, much, much later because our show is really about an audience.”
    She went on saying, “When you think about it, that’s what we do. We do a little bit of news, but it’s entertainment news. It’s really fun conversations and lightheartedness. So it’s a different time now, and some of the conversation has changed, and I think it just kinda pushed (‘Strahan, Sara and Keke’) out.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Katy Perry Turns Into Video Game Character in ‘Smile’ Music Video

    Related Posts More

  • Marge Simpson Feels 'Disrespected' by Trump Advisor's Insult to Kamala Harris

    FOX/WENN/Instagram

    The animated icon has responded to Jenna Ellis comparing Joe Biden’s presidential running mate’s voice to hers in a short video shared on the popular show’s social media accounts.
    Aug 15, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Marge Simpson of “The Simpsons” recently trended on social media after Jenna Ellis, a senior authorized advisor to President Donald Trump, insulted Senator Kamala Harris by comparing her voice to the animated icon’s. Now, Marge has responded to the statement with a short speech.
    In a video shared on the popular animated show’s social media accounts on Friday, August 14, Marge said, “I usually don’t get into politics, but the president’s senior advisor, Jenna Ellis, just said Kamala Harris sounds like me.” She continued, “Lisa says she doesn’t mean it as a compliment.”
    “If that’s so, as an ordinary, suburban housewife, I’m starting to feel a little disrespected. I teach my children not to name-call, Jenna. I was gonna say I’m pissed off, but I’m afraid they’d bleep it,” she added.

    Fans quickly reacted to the clip as one commented, “To be fair kamala does not sound like you at all Marge you are unique and don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.” Praising Marge, another user simply said, “Mic drop.”
    Apparently, Jenna also caught wind of the response as she replied, “Marge is probably going to vote Democrat… by mail.” Reporter Andrew Feinberg then tried to school Jenna that the Simpsons “vote in person” as he attached a link to a video of a “The Simpsons” episode featuring Homer voting in 2012.
    Clapping back, Jenna replied, “Um… None of them are actual people or eligible to vote, but in the Dems’ vote-by-mail scheme, could receive ballots anyway, like the dogs and cat! Apparently my joke was too sophisticated for you. Unless you’re actually advocating for cartoons to stuff ballot boxes?”

    Jenna Ellis responded to Marge Simpson
    Jenna previously mocked Kamala, who was announced on Tuesday as Joe Biden’s running mate, in a tweet. “Kamala sounds like Marge Simpson,” so she wrote.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Comic Big Jay Oakerson Assures He’s Fine After Getting Yanked Off Stage During Show

    Related Posts More

  • Tom Cruise Refuses to Run Alongside Co-Stars in His Movies

    WENN

    According to Annabelle Wallis, the ‘Mission: Impossible’ actor doesn’t let his co-stars run alongside him on screen and recalls how she convinced him to make an exception for her.
    Aug 15, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Tom Cruise apparently doesn’t like anyone to run next to him on screen.
    According to actress Annabelle Wallis, who starred alongside 58-year-old Cruise in 2017’s “The Mummy”, the actor initially refused to allow her to sprint with him during filming.
    Explaining how she convinced him to change his mind, the star explained, “He’s on a different level, and, you know, I ticked a box. I got to run on-screen with him, but he told me no at first. He said, ‘Nobody runs on-screen (with me),’ and I said, ‘But I’m a really good runner.’ ”
    “So, I would time my treadmill so that he’d walk in and see me run. And then he added all these running scenes,” she told The Hollywood Reporter. “So, that was it. It was, like, better than an Oscar. I was so happy! I was so happy that I got to run on-screen with Tom Cruise. But I don’t think it ever goes away and I hope it never does.”
    Wallis gushed of working with the “Top Gun” star, “It’s so wonderful to be excited by someone and in awe of what they’ve achieved in their lives. Yeah, good on him. And I hope the questions never stop. I love talking about him. It’s really cool.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Miley Cyrus Confirms Cody Simpson Split, Insists There Is No Drama Behind Their Breakup

    Related Posts More

  • 'Bachelorette': JoJo Fletcher to Replace Host Chris Harrison in Season 16 Due to COVID-19 Quarantine

    Instagram

    According to a new report, while the 49-year-old host is in quarantine, JoJo, who starred as the season 12 Bachelorette in 2016, will be taking over the hosting duty for 14 days.
    Aug 15, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Something will be different in the upcoming season 16 of “The Bachelorette”. Former star JoJo Fletcher reportedly has been tapped to temporarilly fill in for host Chris Harrison as he needs to be in quarantine for 14 days after he dropped off his son at college in Texas.
    A source reveals to Us Weekly that because of his brief visit to Texas, Chris was unable to return to set at the La Quinta Resort & Club in La Quinta, California right away. “The moment he got back, Chris was told he could not set foot back on the set until he went through another 14-day quarantine,” an insider spills to the publication.
    “The show’s contestants and crew all had to quarantine on the property for 14 days prior to the camera’s rolling. But it didn’t dawn on Chris he’d have to do it all over again if he simply left to take his kid to college,” the source adds.
    While the 49-year-old is in quarantine, JoJo, who starred as season 12 Bachelorette in 2016, will be taking over the hosting duty for 14 days. The source, however, notes that Chris “will be back in time for the last few shows.”
    On Tuesday, August 11, Chris took to his Instagram account to share a photo of him with his son taken at the Texas Christian University. “Just like that he’s gone. Thought dropping the big man off at college @texaschristianuniversity today was going to crush me but all I could feel is pride and excitement,” he wrote in the caption.
    “Especially now, so grateful that they have this opportunity. Now go take on the world and have the time of your life my boy,” he continued.

    Neither JoJo nor Chris has confirmed the report.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Sun Kil Moon’s Mark Kozelek Hit With Sexual Misconduct Allegations by Multiple Women

    Related Posts More

  • Tom Holland Disses 'Preacher' Robert Pattinson in 'The Devil All the Time' Trailer

    [embedded content]

    Holland’s Arvin Russell is a good young boy drifted into darkness as he tries to protect his loved ones from God-fearing people who feel fine to engage in criminal and despicable acts.
    Aug 14, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Netflix has released the first trailer for “The Devil All the Time” featuring Tom Holland and Robert Pattinson among its all-star cast. The gothic thriller focuses on sinister characters converge around a young man devoted to protecting those he loves in a postwar backwoods town teeming with corruption and brutality.
    At the center of the story is Arvin Russell (Holland), who receives his late father’s gun on his birthday. Apparently old enough to use the weapon, he is left speechless with the gift and seems reluctant to use it though saying that it’s “the best gift” he’s ever got.
    The video then shows other characters in the Bible-thumping town of Knockemstiff, Ohio, where these seemingly God-fearing people feel fine to engage in criminal and despicable acts despite their proclaimed faith. Among the sinners are Carl Henderson (Jason Clarke), a husband with a filthy hobby of taking pictures of women other than his wife Sandy (Riley Keough), and Rev. Preston Teagardin (Pattinson), who gets a little to close to a young girl.
    Apparently sensing the preacher’s bad moral, Arvin tries to assure an elderly woman, “That ain’t no preacher.” The young man goes on dissing Rev. Preston, “He’s as bad as they got on the damn radio.” In another scene, he appears to confront the preacher.
    As he starts to drift into darkness, Arvin makes an excuse for his future acts as saying, “What I’m about to do, I do because I have to. Not because I want to.”
    “Some people are just born to be buried,” reads the synopsis of the movie. “In Knockemstiff, Ohio and its neighboring backwoods, sinister characters – an unholy preacher (Pattinson), twisted couple (Clarke and Keough), and crooked sheriff (Sebastian Stan) – converge around young Arvin Russell (Holland) as he fights the evil forces that threaten him and his family.”
    It continues, “Spanning the time between World War II and the Vietnam war, director Antonio Campos’ ‘THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME’ renders a seductive and horrific landscape that pits the just against the corrupted. Co-starring Bill Skarsgard, Mia Wasikowska, Harry Melling, Haley Bennett and Pokey LaFarge, this suspenseful, finely-woven tale is adapted from Donald Ray Pollock’s award-winning novel.”
    Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Campos said of adapting the novel into a script with his brother Paulo, “It was a hard book to adapt also because there was so much that we loved.” He went on sharing, “I’m a big fan of southern gothic and noir and this was a perfect marriage of the two. Sometimes you might be adapting a piece and you think like, Well, there is a seed of a good idea here and I’ll just throw everything away and start from scratch. In this case it was like, we love everything!”
    “The Devil All the Time” is set to premiere September 16 on Netflix.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Kat Graham Breaks Down in Tears as She Gets Candid About Embracing Her Natural Hair

    Related Posts More

  • Henry Cavill's 'The Witcher' Resumes Filming Amid Covid-19 Pandemic

    Netflix

    The crew members of the Netflix fantasy series starring the ‘Man of Steel’ hunk are back on set to resume filming the upcoming second season following hiatus.
    Aug 14, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Filming has resumed on season two of Henry Cavill’s Netflix fantasy series “The Witcher” following a hiatus due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
    The show was expected to resume filming on Monday (17Aug20), as indicated in a tweet from the show’s official Twitter account last month, and Stephen Surjik, who directed two episodes of the first season, told fans on Wednesday the show is already up and running again.
    He captioned a post of a camera ready to film, “It’s T minus 3 min to ignition and lift off for our second run at Witcher S2. Everyone is being cautious but spirits are high. You’re looking out new covid communication system (sic), reducing close contact among crew.”
    Henry, who plays Geralt of Rivia, a magically enhanced monster-hunter known as “witcher” in the show, is yet to confirm whether he has arrived on set to begin filming his scenes. The first series was shot in Eastern Europe and Spain.
    The release date for the second series is yet to be announced, but its original run proved hugely popular and was watched in 76 million households, a record for a debut season on Netflix. Bosses at the streaming service have also announced a prequel series, titled “Blood Origin”.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Cuba Gooding Jr.’s Lawyer Blocked From Asking Accuser About Her Breast Size

    Related Posts More