More stories

  • Jonathan Pryce Joins 'The Crown' for Final Two Seasons as Prince Philip

    WENN

    The ‘Two Popes’ actor has been tapped to replace Tobias Menzies as Queen Elizabeth II’s husband in the next two upcoming season of the British royal drama series.
    Aug 14, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Oscar-nominated actor Jonathan Pryce is reportedly stepping into the role of Britain’s Prince Philip for the final two series of “The Crown”.
    According to reports “The Two Popes” star, 73, will take on the role of Queen Elizabeth II’s husband in series five and six of the hit Netflix royal drama, alongside Imelda Staunton as the monarch herself.
    The role of Prince Philip has previously been played by Matt Smith and Tobias Menzies.
    “The three British actors formed a Holy Trinity of talent which show bosses targeted to play the senior members of the royal family,” a source told Britain’s The Sun newspaper.
    “Jonathan was the only name which was discussed to play Philip, and the creators were thrilled when he agreed to join the cast,” they added. “He was one of the last of the trio to sign up, however, as the final casting process took place over Zoom calls during the lockdown.”
    The “Game of Thrones” actor is set to appear from series five onwards, when the production enters the 1990s and early 2000s – focusing on earth shattering years for the monarchy, including the divorces of Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Charles and Princess Diana, whose death will also be covered.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Louis C.K. Heckled During Dave Chappelle’s Ohio Show

    Related Posts More

  • Luke Bryan Confirms Advanced Talks to Return to 'American Idol'

    WENN

    The ‘Born Here Live Here Die Here’ singer confirms that he is likely to return for another season of the singing competition and he’s very excited about it.
    Aug 14, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Luke Bryan is in advanced negotiations to return for another season of “American Idol”.
    The star judged the final stages of 2020’s Season 18, alongside Lionel Richie and Katy Perry, which were filmed remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
    For the next series of the long-running TV singing competition, producers have announced “Idol Across America” – a live virtual audition tour visiting all 50 states to help them search for acts as the crisis continues – and Luke has confirmed he’s likely to return for the live shows.
    “We’re still in the meticulous negotiations, but things are looking positive for that and I’m very excited about it,” he tells HuffPostUK.
    The star has been keeping busy during the pandemic, and in addition to releasing his new album, “Born Here Live Here Die Here”, he has been using the time to embrace the outdoor lifestyle.
    “Well, my wife and I, we’re heading to South Carolina in a little bit and I just got to get the album out, my nine-year-old, he turned 10 on 8 August, and I just still go outside, catch some fish, spend some time outdoors, and I’ve got to get all of this sweetcorn out of the field,” he adds.
    Bryan recently admitted dad knows best after his father warned him against planting acres of the crop, calling Luke “an idiot” and insisting he wouldn’t “know what to do with that much sweetcorn.”

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Blake Shelton Steps in to Help Fans Get Refunds for Canceled Tour

    Related Posts More

  • Jimmy Kimmel Defends Dua Lipa Against Sexist Troll Following 'Late Night' Guest-Hosting Gig

    Instagram

    The host of ABC’s late-night talk show host fires back when one online follower says women aren’t funny following the ‘Future Nostalgia’ star’s recent guest-hosting gig.
    Aug 14, 2020
    AceShowbiz – U.S. late night TV host Jimmy Kimmel jumped to the defence of his stand-in Dua Lipa against trolls on social media.
    Earlier this week, the 52-year-old took to Instagram to share the monologue Lipa performed while guest hosting “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” amid his summer hiatus.
    The “Future Nostalgia” star, 24, joked about her music, her previous prank against Kimmel, her Harry Potter house, and her tattoos during the monologue – but one fan was less-than-impressed.
    [embedded content]
    “Women still aren’t funny,” the troll wrote.
    Firing back, Kimmel quipped, “Maybe if one talks to you someday you’ll change your mind.”
    During her guest hosting duties, Lipa made headlines for mistakenly referring to Blake Shelton as Gwen Stefani’s husband.
    “Well he’s not my husband, but that sounded cool when you said it,” Stefani joked as the “Physical” hitmaker brushed off the error.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Katy Perry Defends Her Support for Ellen DeGeneres Following Backlash

    Related Posts More

  • Former 'Ellen' Employee Compares Working on the Show to 'the Devil Wears Prada'

    WENN

    An ex-camera assistant used the 2006 film starring Meryl Streep as a comparison when describing their past experience of working on ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’.
    Aug 14, 2020
    AceShowbiz – A former staffer from “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” has alleged the atmosphere in the workplace was “like The Devil Wears Prada.”
    The former camera assistant, who remained anonymous during the interview, compared the working environment to the 2006 film, based on the 2003 novel of the same name, about a college graduate who works for a domineering fashion magazine editor in New York City.
    It suggests a tense environment with nervous staff walking on eggshells around a demanding boss – presumably the host herself.
    The former staff member said, “I worked there for a little over a year. It’s kind of like The Devil Wears Prada. Everyone is trying to make it to the (end of a) year.”
    “It’s just a badge of honour to have that and have it on your resume,” they told Australian radio show “Stav, Abby & Matt”.
    Talking about their interactions with Ellen, they added, “I wasn’t even allowed in the same room as her. Most people are told, ‘When Ellen enters the room, you and your entire crew need to leave.’ ”
    “Sometimes her bodyguards come forward first and you kind of see them and you know to leave and that’s it.”
    Ellen has come under fire over numerous allegations of a “toxic” work environment from former employees, and recently released a statement, admitting she was “sorry” about the alleged incidents.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    ‘I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!’ Leaves Australia Amid Pandemic

    Related Posts More

  • Tom Cruise Furious After Motorbike Explosion Causes Another 'Mission: Impossible 7' Filming Delay

    Paramount Pictures

    The set of the Christopher McQuarrie-directed movie is reportedly temporarily closed again as there’s an investigation ongoing on what went wrong during the filming of the motorbike stunt.
    Aug 14, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “Mission: Impossible VII” filming is hit with yet another delay, just a month the crew were given a permission to resume filming in England. This time, the production came to a halt after a motorbike stunt gone wrong.
    On Tuesday, August 11, a stuntman shot one of the most expensive action sequences filmed in the U.K. that took six weeks to prepare, according to The Sun. Despite the long and intensive preparation, on the day of the filming, things didn’t go as planned as the bike exploded after a leap from a ramp.
    “This has been a massive challenge to stage and has cost a fortune, not to mention weeks and weeks of construction. But when it came to the big day, it went horribly wrong,” a source tells the site. “The idea was for the stuntman to land on some huge pillows filled with card to cushion the blow, while the bike safely crashed to the ground a few metres away.”
    “Unfortunately, it was miscalculated,” the source adds, before detailing what went wrong, “The heat and the friction of the tyres meant that when the bike crashed, the cardboard padding sparked and went up in flames. The smoke was so bad they had to close a nearby RAF airfield.”
    It’s reported that “nobody was hurt but it’s a total catastrophe, not to mention extremely expensive for all concerned.” Nevertheless, Oxfordshire Fire Service dispatched five engines and crews to control the fire, while ambulances also raced to the quarry in case of any injury.
    Tom Cruise, who checked out the stunt set-up the day before the accident, is believed to have been working with a parachute for a quarry “snow scene” at the time of the blaze. The actor, who also produces the upcoming movie, is said to be “very frustrated” as the source notes, “Nobody wants more delays.”
    Following the incident, the set has been temporarily closed as an investigation is ongoing on what went wrong.
    “Mission: Impossible 7” had been filming in Italy, when COVID-19 pandemic hit the country in February. Three weeks later, filming resumed in Surrey, England. Production took another hiatus in July, before the crew were given a permission to resume filming in England without going through the mandatory 14-day quarantine.
    Christopher McQuarrie serves as director for the seventh installment of the “M: I” film series which is set to arrive on November 19, 2021. Simon Pegg, Rebecca Ferguson (II) and Vanessa Kirby also star in the movie.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Kaia Gerber Celebrates Cara Delevingne’s Birthday With Matching Tattoos

    Related Posts More

  • 'Ellen' Current DJ 'Stephen 'tWitch' Boss Weighs in on Toxic Workplace Allegations

    NBC

    The ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ star insists there will continue to be love for Ellen DeGeneres despite allegations that she ignored toxic environment on her show.
    Aug 13, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” star Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss has spoken out about allegations against the TV host.
    Ellen has come under fire over numerous allegations of a “toxic” work environment from former employees, and recently released a statement, admitting she was “sorry” about the alleged incidents.
    While the comic has said little more on the matter, Boss, who has been the DJ on the talk show since 2014, told US Weekly that he legally couldn’t say much on the matter, but confirmed he is still employed with the show and remains good friends with Ellen.
    “We can’t speak too much legally about it, but I’ll say this, there’s been love,” he shared. “Obviously there’s some things to address, but from my standpoint and from countless others, there’s been love.”
    The “So You Think You Can Dance” star added he’s going to “just leave it at that until there’s a time where we can address more publicly. There’s been love and there will continue to be love.”
    While Boss’ experience has been positive, former DJ Tony Okungbowa, who appeared on the show from 2003 to 2006 and again from 2007 to 2013, admitted he “did experience and feel the toxicity of the environment” on the programme.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Dr. Dre Objects to Wife’s Demand to Access His Financial Records Amid Divorce Battle

    Related Posts More

  • Elisabeth Moss Excited to Bring 'Complex' Housewife to Life in 'Mrs. March'

    Instagram

    Teaming up with novelist Virginia Feito for the psychological thriller project, ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ will develop this movie adaptation via her Love and Squalor Pictures production company.
    Aug 13, 2020
    AceShowbiz – Elisabeth Moss is teaming up with novelist Virginia Feito to turn her upcoming psychological thriller, “Mrs. March”, into a new movie.
    Moss is developing the film via her Love and Squalor Pictures production company and she has recruited Feito to adapt her own story about a New York housewife who suspects she inspired the awful protagonist of her writer husband’s latest bestseller.
    Feito will also executive produce, alongside Moss, who will star as the titular “Mrs. March”.
    “I read Virginia’s novel in one sitting and was so captured by it I knew I had to make it and play Mrs. March,” Moss tells Deadline. “As a character, she is fascinating, complex, and deeply human and I can’t wait to sink my teeth into her. Mrs. March is exactly the kind of engaging and challenging female-led project that Love And Squalor Pictures is built to make.”
    “The Handmaid’s Tale” star will also reteam with her “The Invisible Man” producer Jason Blum and his partners at Blumhouse for the film.
    “Having worked with Jason on ‘Us’ and the company on ‘The Invisible Man’, I am constantly struck by their creativity and intelligence. Jason Blum is a powerhouse force in the world of storytelling and I am personally honored to be in the Blumhouse family.”
    “Mrs. March” will hit bookshelves in the United States in August 2021.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Hank Williams Jr. Calls Country Music Hall of Fame Induction ‘Bright Spot During Difficult Year’ More

  • 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Find Out the First Batch of Season 15 Semifinalists

    NBC

    The top three vote-getters are automatically sent to semifinals, while three others who rank in the middle fight for the ‘Dunkin’ Save’ as well as the judges’ pick.
    Aug 13, 2020
    AceShowbiz – “America’s Got Talent” is another step closer to finding American’s most favorite act of season 15. Following the first live performance shows on Tuesday, August 11, the fate of the remaining contestants were revealed in the Wednesday, August 12 episode.
    Before moving on to the dreadful moments, last season’s champ Kodi Lee returned to the talent competition series to deliver a rendition of Finneas’ “Break My Heart Again”. The inspirational blind singer with autism received a standing ovation from Howie Mandel, Heidi Klum, Sofia Vergara and guest judge Kelly Clarkson, who filled in for Simon Cowell after the British producer broke his spine in an electric bike accident.
    [embedded content]
    Next, the results were unveiled, with Archie Williams, Shaquira McGrath and Roberta Battaglia being the first three acts to be sent to semifinals for receiving the most votes. A speechless Archie said he felt “wonderful.”
    Kelly told the 59-year-old, who spent 37 years in prison after being wrongly convicted, what he could do to win the show, “Continue to tell stories. That’s your thing.” The “American Idol” alum went on advising him, “That’s your whole purpose. You have such a powerful testimony. I’m sorry you even have it.”
    Shaquira said, “It feels so good to know that America has faith in my talent,” after joining the safe zone, while judge Sofia said of her Golden Buzzer pick Roberta, “I cannot believe it. I was so nervous and now I realize I did the right thing.”
    It was not over yet for Brett Loudermilk, Feng E and Double Dragon, who ranked in the middle of the pack. They went head-to-head in a live voting round for the “Dunkin’ Save”, leaving their fate in the hands of viewers who cast their votes in a 30-minute flash round. In the end, Brett nabbed another place in the semifinals. “I want to say a lot of things I can’t say on camera right now,” he quipped.
    Later, the judges had to pick whether to save Feng E or Double Dragon. “This is very hard because I truly love both acts,” Heidi said before voting for Double Dragon. Sofia, who has a “soft spot for Latino girls,” also picked Double Dragon. Kelly chose Feng E, but Howie gave his determining vote to Double Dragon, sending the singing duo to semifinals.
    This meant Feng E was eliminated along with Bello & Annaliese Nock, Michael Yo, Frenchie Babyy, Pork Chop Revue as well as Simon & Maria.
    Next week, “AGT” will return with eleven other acts fighting in the second quarterfinal rounds for a chance to land spots in semifinals.

    You can share this post!

    Next article
    Media Personality Scottie Beam Trolls Miley Cyrus Over Her ‘WAP’ Post

    Related Posts More